P1000 EPS not working in 4wd

Cottonball

Cottonball

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2023
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 P1000 EPS. I’ve looked through old threads and googled my heart out. Changed batteries, added all my accessories to a battery disconnect switch, and still my EPS does not work when I shift into 4WD. Light comes on as soon as I start driving in 4wd but goes off if I shift back to 2wd. Besides changing the whole EPS system I’ve run out of ideas. Anyone had this problem before?

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
What DTC are you getting for the EPS? If the light comes on there should be a code. Code 15-02 sounds similar to your problem (4wd indicator switch). Do you have a service manual? If not consider becoming a supporting member of the site and you can download one for free.

Cottonball

Cottonball

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2023
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What DTC are you getting for the EPS? If the light comes on there should be a code. Code 15-02 sounds similar to your problem (4wd indicator switch). Do you have a service manual? If not consider becoming a supporting member of the site and you can download one for free.
The only light that pops up is the EPS trouble light. Not sure about any other codes as I don’t have a way to read them. I have a service manual I’m pretty sure already. The 4wd does actually work I just can’t use power steering at the same time

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The only light that pops up is the EPS trouble light. Not sure about any other codes as I don’t have a way to read them. I have a service manual I’m pretty sure already. The 4wd does actually work I just can’t use power steering at the same time
If the EPS light comes on a trouble code will be set, the service manual will have instructions on how to read them, a scanner is not required like it would be on your car/truck

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Codes
Power steering codes start on page 24-11 of the Service Manual.
How to pull codes if you have none flashing.
In the Service Manual, page 4-8.
Have a good day