P500 Enclosed trailer door opening

D

dougbo44

Oct 16, 2021
South Jersey
Ownership

1. 500
Honda dimensions show height of P500 as just shy of 72 inches. Has anyone tried to load a P500 with no modifications into enclosed trailer with 72 inch opening? Any success stories?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just thinking…. depends on the actual trailer door opening from deck to springs. If that P500 72” is on flat ground w/stock tires and no OEM roof, the high point of the P500 ROPS passing under the door opening/springs might be slightly less when rear tires are on the lower angled ramp.
I purchased an extended height due to larger tires and a Honda roof. Maybe others can comment with experience. @trigger ?

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Honda dimensions show height of P500 as just shy of 72 inches. Has anyone tried to load a P500 with no modifications into enclosed trailer with 72 inch opening? Any success stories?
Taking it you dont have a P5 or an inclosed trailer with that 72” opening to find out?
My inclosed has a 76” door. My Talon fits easly and my P1 with room to spare. I have no doubt that my old P5 would
Have fit too.
@trigger has an inclosed for his P5 and can answer this

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@dougbo44 did u ever figure out how to post pics? Been a few yrs. We still haven't seen your ride?
We can show u how. Just ask
IMG 1391

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I measure like 76" to the highest point of the roof with mine. My door opening is 80.5" with no dovetail. I've never came close to hitting.
I think you'd be alright honestly. The highest point of the P5 is forward of the rear wheels so it's going to enter the door while the rear wheels are still on the ramp. Manufactures generally give you the height when it's new and before any spring settling as well. I'd physically verify all that before making a major purchase but my money's on it working.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!