P1000 Rough running

D

DavidGK

May 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2019 Pioneer 1000-5 running rough. Spitting a lot of gas out of exhaust. Changed plugs with no difference. Checked new plugs. Front one is burning good but back one looked like new after running for a few minutes. Changed rear coil pack. No change. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: TxDoc and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
2019 Pioneer 1000-5 running rough. Spitting a lot of gas out of exhaust. Changed plugs with no difference. Checked new plugs. Front one is burning good but back one looked like new after running for a few minutes. Changed rear coil pack. No change. Thanks in advance for any help.
Welcome to the forum. If you're sticking around start a intro thread, lots of good info ideas around here.

So, you gotta give us a bit of history on the buggy. Miles, usage, did it just start out of nowhere or did something happen and then caused this issue?

D

DavidGK

May 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. If you're sticking around start a intro thread, lots of good info ideas around here.

So, you gotta give us a bit of history on the buggy. Miles, usage, did it just start out of nowhere or did something happen and then caused this issue?
Sorry about that. 439 miles. All trail riding. Sat for a few weeks after running fine. Started it up and problem appeared.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sorry about that. 439 miles. All trail riding. Sat for a few weeks after running fine. Started it up and problem appeared.
I'd start by checking the injectors/harness wires. They sometimes act up even though they may seem ok from outside. Check out the club store for the upgraded wires...... that'd be my first (✔️ to do)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander and fellow Big Gretch sufferer.

Need Pics of your rig. Kinda a thing here when u join. POIDH. And all the things @JenElio AKA jennay said!😉

You trail ride in Our state, and that means 2 things, water in areas and Sand dust. If you were in water good, you may have water in your intake. If you ride on our dusty trails and thats hard not to do here, check that air filter. If you dont have a pre filter snorkel, that baby will plug up super quick and make the motor run like a 68’ Volkswagen

Reactions: JenElio
Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2019 is doing similar thing. Sputters intermittently during low speeds, runs fine at higher speeds. Changed air filter, IACV, spark plugs and fuel pump. Im gonna drain fuel out this weekend and put new fuel in. Fuel injector wires arent loose and not having a code. Last resort is fuel injection wire kit which I have already purchased.

D

DavidGK

May 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for help. I will be going back up north to try swapping out the injector wiring harness.

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for help. I will be going back up north to try swapping out the injector wiring harness.
Dont forget to get some pics while your there and post em up! We’ll be anxiously waiting😉

BTW where is north for you?
Mine is near Gaylord

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Our up north is Prudenville, just south of Houghton Lake.
Nice! Thats just tutor hair for me from home roughly 2hrs. I prefer at least 3hrs to be officially North or I might as well live there lol. But if u ask a Yooper we aint up north at all🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!