Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Ordered a gas pedal assembly off eBay today. I’ll use it as my tester for changing the pedal geometry for us big foot types.
Got the used pedal assembly today. Spent some time taking measurements on it.

What’s a bit strange to me is why there’s what appears to be a tps sensor on the pedal, but yet a cable going back to a throttle body? I don’t currently have a look into the ecu , but it makes me wonder what its purpose is and if it’s necessary to maintain a relationship of the little cam and the length of cable pull…

I do think there’s a few simple modifications that can be made to move the pedal back a few inches and maybe even several.

My first thought is to keep it simple and simply change the angle of how the pedal mounts to the chassis..essentially forcing the top over 25 degrees or more so that the pedal shoe rotates back and down from like 3 o’clock to closer to 5 or so. The length of travel should remain and the pedal would like fully contact the floor when depressed fully..instead of hanging up the few inches.

My other thought is to simply take the sweeping angle out by notching/ rewelding the pedal…

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got the used pedal assembly today. Spent some time taking measurements on it.

What’s a bit strange to me is why there’s what appears to be a tps sensor on the pedal, but yet a cable going back to a throttle body? I don’t currently have a look into the ecu , but it makes me wonder what its purpose is and if it’s necessary to maintain a relationship of the little cam and the length of cable pull…

I do think there’s a few simple modifications that can be made to move the pedal back a few inches and maybe even several.

My first thought is to keep it simple and simply change the angle of how the pedal mounts to the chassis..essentially forcing the top over 25 degrees or more so that the pedal shoe rotates back and down from like 3 o’clock to closer to 5 or so. The length of travel should remain and the pedal would like fully contact the floor when depressed fully..instead of hanging up the few inches.

My other thought is to simply take the sweeping angle out by notching/ rewelding the pedal…
🤔......seems like a lot of work, wouldn't it be easier to just buy smaller shoes? 🤷‍♂️😂😂😂😂😂

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Man it wasn’t easy finding the right spot for the gps system…but I think this will work perfectly…

IMG 6457

😎🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!