P500 500 Mile Review: 2018 Pioneer 500

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
So, you're currently running a P700, correct? Out of curiosity, what do you miss about the 500?

Reactions: Chooglin
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, you're currently running a P700, correct? Out of curiosity, what do you miss about the 500?
Yes 700. I miss having access to all trails, when climbing I was very confident. Also me and the wife were comfortable in it . I am very happy with what I have but I would have another 500 in a minute. You have to own one to understand their charm. I've took it some places it should not have been and it never let me down

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Do you feel like the Pioneer 700 climbs well? I have seen several criticisms of the 700 over the years, mainly citing the tall-ish first gear, relative low hp to weight ratio, and lack of "low" range or first gear, meaning that they struggle a bit in the rock crawling and on steep climbs. As an owner, what say ye?

Reactions: Mudwing
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think it climbs well I have the deluxe I can hold first gear and keep it in the meat of its power. Plus when I bought my 27s
I made sure they were not overly heavy . My rears are the heaviest and they are under 30 lbs. I got over the high horse power stuff years ago. The others do fine if equipped properly and good choices are made. I had six surgeries in two years a few years back because I was bullet proof and to much motor. Flipping end over end back down a hill changes your perspective on things. But they 700 gets it done and l am very pleased with it

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I think it climbs well I have the deluxe I can hold first gear and keep it in the meat of its power. Plus when I bought my 27s
I made sure they were not overly heavy . My rears are the heaviest and they are under 30 lbs. I got over the high horse power stuff years ago. The others do fine if equipped properly and good choices are made. I had six surgeries in two years a few years back because I was bullet proof and to much motor. Flipping end over end back down a hill changes your perspective on things. But they 700 gets it done and l am very pleased with it
Thanks for the info. I see lots of P700’s out there. Getting hurt certainly takes away from the fun.