P700 New to me 2016 Pioneer 700

S

Swamper2fly

Oct 27, 2023
michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
After 2 weekends of mainly running around the house, the Pioneer 700 is running good! It's been raining a lot down here in SWLA so I got to try out the 4x4 mode on a pipeline. On the road it seems to be most comfortable cruising 28-30 mph.

It still doesn't start like a typical Honda though. Seems to turn over more than I was always used to. Fuel mixture seems a little rich too.

A few things I still need to fix are:
  • Brakes. They work but not very well. I would not take this to Arkansas mountains as is. Probably will go with all new calipers.
  • Axle boots are dry and cracking and will need replacement.
  • Engine to rear diff drive shaft boot is split and will need replacement.
I've spent a good bit of change to get to this point. Then engine feels solid and transmission shift consistently. It's not a speed demon but for around the house and casual trail riding it should be fine.

If I were buying a new machine, I wouldn't go out and buy a 700 for what we do. The 1000 is much more capable of doing slow to fast in everything.
My 23 likes 28-30 also. 700's will get you there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!