DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I took the two colored schematics and replies to the Honda shop and told them they could easily eliminate the theory that its related to the seat belt wiring by grounding pin A 15. The manager agreed and said he would talk to the mechanic. He then said there were 3 other service orders in front of mine (even though mine has been in his shop for months). He said to check back in a week.
Keep us updated!

Reactions: Red500 and ChadD
brad bevins

brad bevins

Nov 10, 2023
Ocean Springs MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, its been at the Honda shop for 6 months now and nothing new to report. I told them 2 weeks ago that if they don't have the transmission pulled apart by this coming Friday, I was going to pick it up and take it to a different shop. Since I have not heard from them I am currently assuming that they have continued to do nothing.

brad bevins

brad bevins

Nov 10, 2023
Ocean Springs MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe we have an answer!

I picked it up from the Honda shop and delivered it to a different Honda shop this last Wednesday. They called this morning saying it was fixed. They added a quart of oil and test drove it and it went 29 mph. I went to pick it up and there was a 5 inch diameter oil spot on the ground under the engine. After further inspection, they found that the front drive shaft was leaking oil where it connects to the motor. They will now replace the seal and it should be completely fixed. I have to say that I park it on grass at my house and leaking oil was not obvious, but the skid plate was pretty messy. I pressure washed the skid plate so any future leaks will be easier to see.

This is my last post on this issue unless I get it back and its not fixed.

Thanks everybody.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I picked it up from the Honda shop and delivered it to a different Honda shop this last Wednesday. They called this morning saying it was fixed. They added a quart of oil and test drove it and it went 29 mph. I went to pick it up and there was a 5 inch diameter oil spot on the ground under the engine. After further inspection, they found that the front drive shaft was leaking oil where it connects to the motor. They will now replace the seal and it should be completely fixed. I have to say that I park it on grass at my house and leaking oil was not obvious, but the skid plate was pretty messy. I pressure washed the skid plate so any future leaks will be easier to see.

Thanks everybody.
Posted 11/20/2023
Change your oil and filter. The 700 does weird crap when it is low on oil.
Try that and report back.
Or check the level and add oil.
Never did check your oil did you?
Happy to hear it was something simple. Bummer it wasn't cheap.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Thanks everybody.

U owe your dog an apology - probably blaming the poor puppy for the bare spots

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Thanks everybody.
I hope it's fixed, but....ummm....

Low oil doesn't make a machine "cut out". It might slip, or start to seize...but it will do nothing to hinder an "ignition event".

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!