Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I have a new 2023 1000-6 and am about to do the dual battery setup with violator, stinger, fuse panel, etc. when I took the cover off the front of the machine I was like “where the hell do I put all this stuff”?

I have factory heat, windshield wipers, etc so my machine has the OEM fuse box so no room to mount anything over the battery.

I’d love pics of others with the same and where you put everything for this project under there.
Are you going to use a fuse panel or Auxbeam style for accessories?

Reactions: ChadD
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you have a template for this? Or sell them? Or sell the email for a guy (or girl) who sells them and/or has the template for this?
I do not have a template but they are not hard to make, get yourself some poster board and lay your components on it in the orientation they will ultimately be be mounted to the bracket, then do the line work around your components and cut it out. You can make a crease in the poster board to replicate the bend in the bracket and check for fit then modify your template if necessary. The bracket was a relatively easy project, just be careful bending the aluminum sheet .......

seijirou

seijirou

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2024
Kaufman, TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I do not have a template but they are not hard to make, get yourself some poster board and lay your components on it in the orientation they will ultimately be be mounted to the bracket, then do the line work around your components and cut it out. You can make a crease in the poster board to replicate the bend in the bracket and check for fit then modify your template if necessary. The bracket was a relatively easy project, just be careful bending the aluminum sheet .......
Right on, I'll give it a rip.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Same here…but Ive found that the short self piercing tin roof screws are very good and hold well for lightweight things like terminal blocks etc. Just don’t over tighten them.
Correct. They will strip that plastic quick fo sho!

Reactions: ChadD and NTCPrezJB
Audionut71

Audionut71

Apr 1, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used the Honda amp/fuse block platform (for the 22+ P1Ks) to mount my Blue Sea fuse block, fuse and ground buss bar over the Mighty Max battery that I put in the well. I strapped the Mighty Max down with a marine battery strap that i dremeled holes into the bottom of the well to secure the strap. I mounted the smart charger on the left side and a Stinger isolator/relay on the right side. The Stinger relay only sends power to the Fuse block when the vehicle is on and all my audio and accessories will run off that.
20240504 154256

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I used the Honda amp/fuse block platform (for the 22+ P1Ks) to mount my Blue Sea fuse block, fuse and ground buss bar over the Mighty Max battery that I put in the well. I strapped the Mighty Max down with a marine battery strap that i dremeled holes into the bottom of the well to secure the strap. I mounted the smart charger on the left side and a Stinger isolator/relay on the right side. The Stinger relay only sends power to the Fuse block when the vehicle is on and all my audio and accessories will run off that.View attachment 429368
Welcome from Michigan!
Where is the rest of your buggy!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you!
I just got my Pioneer last month, and I have been busy getting it set up how we want it! I'll post in the hello thread (assuming there is one).
Oh yeah there sure is! Its called the intro thread. Or start one in the general discussion.
Its rule #4 when u start/join. 😉 POIDH

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
3bf70e3f1ca77dee8b7f684e033456f3
Dual battery, isolator center drilled ran under plastic, winch solenoid right also drilled holes ran under neath. Fuse box left side. Then I built a fire wall splash guard behind batteries where the Noam amp and other wires are at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nice pics. underhood envy. bought mine from the original owner and while it's functional and works, i mos def like these clean install pics. maybe someday.

Reactions: ChadD
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
It’s a bit of a mess. Wish I had planned better.

IMG 7556

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 429461
Dual battery, isolator center drilled ran under plastic, winch solenoid right also drilled holes ran under neath. Fuse box left side. Then I built a fire wall splash guard behind batteries where the Noam amp and other wires are at.

I love how clean and simple your instal is! Does the firewall splash guard reduce the hot (or cold) air from coming into the cab through the shifter gates or steering column ?

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I love how clean and simple your instal is! Does the firewall splash guard reduce the hot (or cold) air from coming into the cab through the shifter gates or steering column ?

Thank you, I have hours in making it look like it’s factory almost. It does block some of the wind and keep water dust down behind it. I also have shifter covers so that helps with wind and dust. The separate fuse box and battery supplies power to the command station. 70f4adbf06a0cac2977581daf649994d

Reactions: Coeus
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is my setup, I have a 2020 deluxe. I used blue sea systems fuse panel, bus bars, and blue sea switches in the dash. I have a second battery with the tru isolator from the club store. I also used a relay box and micro relays from del city. I tried to keep my wiring as clean as possible cause I'm OCD about that stuff. The bus bars make it super easy to tie power and grounding points together. I have 3 under the hood and one more under the seat by the fuel tank. That one is for all of the accessory grounds from the back of the machine. Then I just have 1 10 gauge ground running up under the hood, not 10 18 gauge ones. Also, dont use the stinger relay, they're have been multiple folks on here who have had issues with them. The Cole Hersee one is marine grade so damp conditions are not an issue, it's also rated for continuous duty. I spent alot of time planning and researching others builds on here as well before starting mine. Word of advice is thoroughly plan everything beforehand, it will pay dividends once you get started. Best of luck!

20220422 141025

Reactions: chucksmith0706

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!