Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those interested in the rear bumper by EMP here is a picture walk-through of what it takes to install on a Honda Pioneer

NOTE: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE P4...
unless you modify it as shown here --http://hondasxs.com/accessories-and...rear-bumper-extreme-metal-products-t1243.html

Update April 2015
EMP has updated the bracket to work with the 700-4

Tools needed:
[album]1044[/album]
#5 & #6 alien bit.
Phillips bit.
Impact drill - highly recommended for the alien and phillips bits.
# 10mm socket
1/2” socket deep well
Socket extension - short and long
1/2” wrench
9/16” socket – for bumper bolts.
7/16" socket for hinge bolt (not shown)

NOTE: The bumper is originally made to fit the P2. It mounts to a P4 but restricts full dump. I modified the brackets to work with the P4.
See link.

EMP is currently in the process of designing the brackets for the P4. It is expected they will mount in a similar method.Modification Pre-work:
Modify the mounting brackets to allow full tilt with the 4 seat Pioneer! This is only required because EMP has not designed the bumper for fit a P4, YET! When they do, we expect the mount to be very similar to the install below. However, it could change!

Step 1 – Remove both rear doors. Requires a #__ alien bit. Set doors to side.
[album]1029[/album]

Step 2 – Remove both seat lock cover. 3 Phillips bolts and the tie-down bracket. Use lots of down force as these are locked in. Use a driver if available as stripping them will cause you more trouble.
[album]1030[/album]

Step 3 – Remove 2, 10mm bolts holding rear panel on.
[album]1031[/album][album]1032[/album][album]1033[/album]

Step 4 – Remove both tail gate hinges by removing 1 Phillips bolt holding each hinge. Hinge will then slide out dropping the tail gate free. Set gate in bed. You can remove cables if you like but it is not required.
[album]1034[/album][album]1035[/album]

Step 5 – Install bumper mount as shown. Re-installing the tail gate as you go. Leave all bolts very loose. This is so you have flex in order to mount the bumper to the mounts.
[album]1036[/album][album]1038[/album][album]1039[/album][album]1040[/album]

Step 6 – Mount the bumper to the mounts with the 4 bolts. Tighten them to about 90% leaving them just barely loose.
[album]1041[/album][album]1042[/album]

Step 7 – Tighten the mount brackets fully, frame bolts and hinge bolts. Careful not to over tighten the new hinge bolt and strip it.
[album]1043[/album]

Step 8 – Tighten the bumper bolts.

Step 9 – Re-install side pane, latch cover and doors.

Step 10 – Take a picture and post below!

Had these 2 parts left over. Found out they go under the bed tie-down brackets.
[album]1045[/album]

Pictures of modified bracket to fit a P4.
[album]1046[/album][album]1047[/album][album]1048[/album]

Attachments

• F99212693[1].jpg
    F99212693[1].jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,720
Last edited:
atvsnowman

atvsnowman

Mar 28, 2013
Anyone know if they fixed this yet?
Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured they would have this available by now. It's not that hard for the DIY'er to fix. Should be a piece of cake for a metal shop.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cannot view any photos of this install except the attached final installed pic. I would really like to see what the pivot bracket on your P-2 looks like. I have been unable to install this bumper on my P-2 because of a bracket issue which is described here:
http://hondasxs.com/threads/emp-rear-bumper-install-issue.2428/

**Squank
@Squank. Sorry for the image links being broke. It is a result of our recent site upgrade. I will try to get them fixed tonight.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
EMP has now updated the rear bracket to fit the Pioneer 700-4.
Here is the new bracket.
When ordering, It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to call and make sure you get the right bracket!
IMG 0977

D

Daryl25

May 5, 2016
Timmonsville, SC
I would like to see the pics too. I have an EMP rear bumper for my P700-P2 I received yesterday and the way the mounting brackets attach to the unit is confusing (instructions not very clear). I thought it was gonna be a pretty simple bolt on bumper. Will the bed tilt fully to dump with this bumper installed.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!