BOX1

Winch install with KFI mount

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I just installed my KFI mount and it is well built. I too was concerned with mounting on the thin bumper supports, but with the thick mount brackets covering the tube, it is very sturdy! For the winch, I went with Cabela's new Trail Tamer 4200 that is made by Warn. It looks to be the exact same winch as the Warn Vantage but a different color and Cabela's label on it. I was able to get the 4200lb winch for under $250 (all Warn and cabela's winch'es are on sale right now and I used a $20 discount coupon). The other winch I seriously considered was the Warn ProAdvantage 4500. It can be had for under $500 ( sale price + Warn $50 rebate). I just couldn't justify double the price for the proadvantage. I need it for my new (Cycle Country) plow that is on its way. I will test the winch and mount out in real life situations and send pictures in the coming weeks. Overall I'm very impressed with the KFI mount and the New Cabela's / Warn Trail Tamer winch!

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
I just broke down and ordered the Warn Provantage 4500-s and the KFI mount. I used some birthday money to knock down the winch price. I hope to have the winch and light bar mounted by next weekend. Duck season is getting close! Still struggling with how to make a gun rack and stereo speakers both work. Decisions!

H

hunter

Nov 6, 2013
just wondering you said you put 7 quarts of oil in your pioneer? when I changed mine i put about 3.5 and the manual says it takes 3.1

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
hunter said:
just wondering you said you put 7 quarts of oil in your pioneer? when I changed mine i put about 3.5 and the manual says it takes 3.1
I believe has was talking about his Pioneer AND his street bike total quarts.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dgrider is right Pioneer takes 3.1qts Valkyrie takes 3.9qts

Like I said dealer I bought it from sold me what they were going to put in it.

I am going to rant here ... American Honda should make EVEN amounts instead of making us measure out what is most likely mL. My AWD Acura is the same way trans, transfer and rear chunk all take uneven amounts of fluid.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!