BOX1

Honda Pioneer 700 Looking to Buy

HoytCRX32

HoytCRX32

May 5, 2014
I drove a Honda Pioneer 700 Honda today and I wasn't very impressed. It was too small for me for one thing and it shook pretty hard at idle. Also putting it in drive then reverse was hard to do. The salesman said that they all are that way, just the nature of it. It was a used one with only 15 miles on it. Said the people that bought it said it was too wide for their purpose. I am going to try a Yamaha Viking. What is anyone's thought on the Pioneer and any experience with the Yamaha Viking. Thanks!! Please help me!! :?:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How big a boy are ya? I'm 6'2" @200lbs and my brother is 6'4" 450+ it's a little tight for him.

What do you need help with?

It smooths out and loosens up over the 1st 100 miles or so.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree with Ohana, At first shifting was hard. Now it shift fine. Also felt a increase in power too as it became broke in.
Really all depends on your needs and your past experiences. This is what will lead you one way or the other.

They both have there positives and negatives.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I say enjoy your Yamaha Viking, I Really Like my Honda Pioneer! That's all I have to say about that!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The Viking def has more room for big guys.
Drove one briefly...very loud, despite having a rear engine. I don't care for the size...but if it works for you, i'd say it will be durable and serve well.

O

overthebars

Sep 19, 2014
I've been stuck on RZR's for a while now.... after seeing the Pioneer 700 I am very very interested. I'm just looking for a rig to cruise around the forest and enjoy the scenery with my wife. Obviously there will be some nasty rough roads, but I'm not looking to burn around the hills at 70 MPH....

Any dudes out there using this as a camping rig to enjoy with the wife? How are you liking it?

Thanks.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
overthebars said:
I've been stuck on RZR's for a while now.... after seeing the Pioneer 700 I am very very interested. I'm just looking for a rig to cruise around the forest and enjoy the scenery with my wife. Obviously there will be some nasty rough roads, but I'm not looking to burn around the hills at 70 MPH....

Any dudes out there using this as a camping rig to enjoy with the wife? How are you liking it?

Thanks.

Exactly what I use mine for and next year my son. It's been a great and fun machine. Nor was I looking to go fast just cruise. I've been very happy about getting my pioneer.

S

Sawdust

Sep 2, 2014
I checked out several SxS at a local fair this year. I went back and forth between the Viking and the Pioneer 700-4. With my experience the Viking's shake was much more than the Pioneer. That and the compact size of the 4 seater is what sold me on the Honda as I do mostly trail/woods riding. Either would be fine. Whatever floats your boat.....

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!