New member. Help needed

C

Cgrubb1

Nov 23, 2014
New member looking to buy a side by side, possibly a pioneer. I want it for mostly work, hauling wood and farm chores, but with the ability to get to neighbors houses at a respectable pace. My two finalists are the gator xuv825 and a 2 seat pioneer 700.

Looking locally at a used 2014 pioneer with hard roof, windshield, winch and 72" snow plow. It has about 50 hours and 140 miles. What would y'all consider a fair price for it? Looks to be in great shape and not abused but I feel like their asking price is a bit high.
I have searched online, but there just don't seem to be many used 2 seaters out there for comparison.
Those who have the pioneer for work purposes, are you happy with it? What would you think would be a fair price for the used one I am looking at?
Thanks for any help and info.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Cgrubb1,
Welcome to the HondaSxS Community.
Both machines are capable of getting your work load completed. The Gator is a impressive unit that seem to be based around getting the chores completed more then anything else. I haven't seen a gator around here so I can't say too much about it good or bad. The Gator has 400 more lbs bed capacity then the Pioneer with 1000lbs but both can pull 1500lbs. They both have a top speed around 44-45. Then there is the CVT.
So, lets jump to pricing the Pioneer. It is truly tough pricing a Pioneer as they are popular around the country. Dealers cant keep them in stock for too long. With the added accessories and it being used, I would say around 10K. But that may be a little low with the plow. Remove the plow I would say around 9 would be a fair price. You should cut the MSPR down for being used but the accessories make up that difference.
Forgot to say.. Make sure the plow is at least a 66" or better. If not, then use that as a price reduction factor for a undersized plow.

Does it have factory tires? Any other accessories of value?

Thanks.

C

Cgrubb1

Nov 23, 2014
It has the original tires and look hardly used at all. I think it is only used to go across a field to pick up his kids from grandmas house. Again, everything looks practically new. It has a windshield, hard top, and 4,000 pound winch in addition to the 72" plow. Overall it seems to be in great shape, but the asking price of 11,500 seems a bit high for a used one that is out of warranty, I just can't find comparable used ones to compare it to.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!