Pioneer p2 price check

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
My dealer quoted me a price of $9699 + tax, prep, freight on a p2 with 19 miles on it. He'll throw in a plastic roof for a total of $11,133 out the door. There are no other accessories included, does this sound reasonable?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
A bit high even for new. but so is demand. If you want pay it someone else will. And they know that.
Did he buy it back from someone or was it a demo.
Either way, You need to talk him out of prep. its used and already preped.
Freight? If it was a buy back someone already collected the freight on it so its now called a "I need more profit" charge.

Did you read through this thread - buying-pioneer-f46/the-official-what-did-you-pay-thread-t323.html

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Yea, I think its a little high too, and 19 miles, even though its not alot, is isn't new anymore. I would shop a little more...

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
Wow thanks for the responses. This is the first round of haggling and I've shown little more than "tire kicking" interest. If I show more interest and get serious I should be able to get him down some more. Dealer claimed they took delivery around thanksgiving. Salesman was younger and said the miles were from running it inside and out day after day. I didn't call him on it but will if I get serious, no sense in showing my cards yet. Thanks again!

M

mhtrapper

Jan 30, 2014
Just bought one tonight, a green pioneer 2 for 10,800 w/tax, i live in NY i hope i like it i have hondas since i was 12 years old this will be first SxS pick it up feb. 7 on my day off

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
Congrats on your purchase! Curious what is sales tax in NY? Hope you enjoy your new ride!

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Congrats mhtrapper , your going to love it. You bought honda because of your relationship with their products. They haven't changed still producing great products at a very reasonable price. Enjoy and post pics when you can. What color did ya get?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wonderful. It's going to feel like 7 days is a whole month of wait time. Can't wait to here your first thoughts. Congrats.

M

mhtrapper

Jan 30, 2014
I got in green to match my 2001 rubicon i think red is sharper but i am not going to try and win any beauty contest with it, plus it will be used for hunting, fishing. and trapping, hope it stands up to hondas reputation. Number one in my book as far as comparing apples to apples.

M

mhtrapper

Jan 30, 2014
Well couldnt wait til the 7th, drove an hour to dealers this morning just to see it in person even know we were not going to pick it up on th 7th didnt even think they would have started putting it together till about wed. I was in for a suprise when i got there John the owner said come here i got one right here to show you in the back, I said so that what it will look like and he said exactly, this one is yours, so we drove back home another hour drive, switched the grand cherokee for the pick-up and trailer 2 1/2 hours later back home, kinda a long day but better than waiting til friday just wish that i would have called before i drove up there the first time to see if he had started putting it together. The mechanic was just about done with it when we got there the first time. I will post pictures in near future.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mhtrapper said:
Well couldnt wait til the 7th, drove an hour to dealers this morning just to see it in person even know we were not going to pick it up on th 7th didnt even think they would have started putting it together till about wed. I was in for a suprise when i got there John the owner said come here i got one right here to show you in the back, I said so that what it will look like and he said exactly, this one is yours, so we drove back home another hour drive, switched the grand cherokee for the pick-up and trailer 2 1/2 hours later back home, kinda a long day but better than waiting til friday just wish that i would have called before i drove up there the first time to see if he had started putting it together. The mechanic was just about done with it when we got there the first time. I will post pictures in near future.

Congrats!

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I was quoted 9400$ in January,,,,,BUT,,,had been unable to get one for less then 9800.
NO SHIPPING,,,,,would have to pay 6% tax on top of that...

BID on a Slighly used,,had 6 miles on Ebay,,,got it from the fellow who bought it knew for 11400,,,for 9000

Shop around,,,prices have got to drop,,,,AND I LIVE MY Pioneer,,have 28 miles on it,,and it is a great machine,,,ordered aftermarket Roof,,Metal,,,and a folding windshield for about 40% less then the dealers sell them for...

longbeards

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!