Waiting on Pioneer 700-2

M

maschafer

Jan 19, 2015
I'm just wondering how many 2015 700-2's are out there at the dealers. I think I got a deal. My dealer charged me last years price ($300 off MSRP) and didn't charge me any freight or set up fees. But, I still had to pay that damn DOC fee. Only problem now, I'm still waiting on it to arrive. What about dealers in your area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Maschafer,
Welcome to the Honda SxS Club!
Where are you from?
What is the expected delivery date?
Seems some areas get more Pioneers then others. I hope you do not have to wait a long time for your ride. The wait will kill you for sure. lol.
As for pricing and seeing the demand is still strong. I think you did well. Here in NC most all my local dealers within a 2 hour drive want MSRP + all the BS fees. I drove 6 hours to Honda of Chattanooga in TN. They hook everyone up, well worth the day trip to get it.

M

maschafer

Jan 19, 2015
I'm from Central IL. I checked a few dealers and most wanted full retail plus freight and BS fees as there seems to be high demand. The place I bought said their computer shows my unit was shipped last Friday but ur right...... This wait is killing me. I might have to get sick and leave work when I get the call. Chattanooga is a great town, by the way.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Welcome to the group, yeah waiting is tough but on the upside you did get a deal. When the 14 Pioneer was released there weren't many dealers letting go of msrp and all the fees. What color did you get rumor has it Red is fastest, Green actually flys, camo is always hiding, Black is just bad arss. So where do you fit in? So central Il does this mean you will riding the corn fields.

M

maschafer

Jan 19, 2015
Well duwops, as far as getting a deal, thanks for the input. I was happy. As far as color, I have ridden Hondas since I was a kid (42 now). They were always red and Isnt it sacreligious to ride a Honda that is any color but red. For sure, cornfields it will be unless I take her on a trip. Which I'm not opposed to.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Sure there is, Red is most thought of with Honda but my first experience with Honda was Honda 175 Elsonore motor cross bike and it was green back in the 70's so for me green is good. Either way your part of the Honda family again and that's great. The tough part of waiting can be all the money spent and time spent looking at others mods and ordering the parts for your mods that will make it distinctly yours. Is yours going to be used for pleasure, work or a combination of both. Post pics when you can.

M

maschafer

Jan 19, 2015
Thx for the welcome. You are definitely right, duwops. I think we all have our preference and many times our preferences take us to an earlier time in our life where we have great memories. I have been reading tons on here about mods that others have done but unfortunately my wallet is not deep enough for everything. For now, a roof and mirrors. Winch and plow will come soon. I have some land so mostly work but of course you don't buy this and not take some time out for fun. Wanna have some fun times w my sons for sure. Gonna make them want a RED Honda. Lol....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!