BOX1

The official what did you pay thread!

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
graybear said:
I paid $10,800 for a P4 plus the Idaho sales tax.
WOW. Thats a great price. I was hoping dealers would start to drop the prices soon as I am looking to buy. But around here I cant find one in stock.
At 10,8 I may buy now. But really I want to buy around Feb/March when I get my taxes back.

J

Jckeeling

Dec 31, 2013
jschaeffer said:
10,900 including a hard top... out the door (no tax have a farm) no document fees.. .no charge for installing hard top...
I live in Russellville Ar... we have the largest Honda dealership in the state... I went to buy there... they said it would be a 3 week wait... I bought mine from Honda of North LR they had it IN STOCK (Pioneer 4) when Honda of Russellville heard I was going to Honda LR... they "miraculously was getting me one the next morning..... Still bought from Honda North LR... and got a great deal!!!

We live in Arkansas as we'll. Curious how much "dealing" you has to go thru until you got Honda of NLR down to this price? Did you negotiate the hard top or did machine have it already? I live near the dealer and am considering the same machine. Any buying tips appreciated!

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
Surprising to hear that some dealers will work with you on Desitnation Fees, Setup Fees, and get creative to sweeten the pot for the buyer. I live in Lancaster, PA area and have talked with several dealers from Harrisburg, Baltimore, Philly and a few inbetween. I'm finding that they're not budging much, some not at all. I'm in no hurry therefore I'm going to wait til Spring when inventory levels increase and demand decreases. I think dealers will compete a little more for our business at that time. Great site and thanks for starting this thread, it has been very helpful.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. If you can. Check out of state too. There was a 1000 difference between local dealer and out of state. and that's not considering the taxes.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
11400.00 out the door in Sw Florida for a p2 camo with hard top

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Paid $12,923 OD P-4 with A-arm guards front and rear, hardtop and winch. I think it's a pretty good deal the other dealers wanted $12,200 just for the pioneer before fees and taxes.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Paid too much. Should of haggled I guess. But was afraid dealer would sell it.

B

barefootwelder

Dec 18, 2013
hey DG, I paid 12,364 with a full top and 2 piece tilt out windshield, all sales tax paid. Northland Motorsports in Flagstaff. Your not too far away so maybe check them out, I dealt with Chris Bellmore, really good people. [email protected].

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
barefootwelder said:
hey DG, I paid 12,364 with a full top and 2 piece tilt out windshield, all sales tax paid. Northland Motorsports in Flagstaff. Your not too far away so maybe check them out, I dealt with Chris Bellmore, really good people. [email protected].
LOL....I've had mine for a month or so....but thanks anyway!

Coincidentally, i think my local dealer may be owned by the same people as Northland.

T

talon1979

Feb 26, 2014
Eagle Mountain, Utah
I did some extensive price checking from every Honda dealer in Utah so I thought I would post up the results of what I found because I know it will be helpful to my fellow Utahns.

The place with the best price of all of the quotes I received was Steadman's Recreation in Tooele. With me they didn't sit and haggle, they just offered me their best price, and it actually was the best price I found in Utah.

Here was their breakdown for a 2014 Pioneer 700-4:

Cost of machine $11,699
Tax $742.89
Licensing $206.26
Total out the door including tax and licensing was $12,648.15

Steadman's doesn't mess around with adding on a bunch of fees like a delivery fee, setup fee, etc... They did not have a 700-4 currently for sale on the lot (although they did have an olive display model).

The next best quote I had was from Newgate Motorsports in Ogden, they also had a 700-4 in stock that I ended up purchasing. I dealt with Jeremy there and so far everything has been fantastic. The Pioneer is sitting in my garage now :). They had originally quoted me around $13,3xx. I told him I had done my shopping and that I would buy it off of him for what Steadman's would sell it to me for and after he ran some numbers he called me back and said we had a deal. He told me taxes would be slightly higher on Ogden compared to Tooele, so it would be a little more.

Anyway, this is what I ended up paying for an olive 2014 700-4 from Newgate Motorsports:

Machine $11,699
Honda 4 person hard roof and Honda 1/2 windshield $525.60 in parts and $78.00 in installation (Honestly the parts looked very simple to install)
Documentary Service Fee $97
License & registration fees $100.51
Tire recycling fee $4.00
Sales tax $849.36

My total out the door price with the above listed items was $13,353.47

From what I have seen the dealers are having no problems selling the 700-4's.

I believe the highest quote I received for just the 700-4 was nearly $14k out the door for just the 700-4. Hopefully this information is helpful to my fellow Utahns. The 2 seat 700's were much easier to come by and were in stock at several different places. If you were shopping in Utah for a 2 seat 700 you should be able to work out a better deal.

JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
Amazed at some of the deals you guys have gotten! I had to pay full retail. Salesman told me they sell as fast as they put them on the showroom. $11,699 Bought the extended warranty too; wish I wouldn't have.

N

NemesisR6

Feb 27, 2014
talon1979 said:
Anyway, this is what I ended up paying for an olive 2014 700-4 from Newgate Motorsports:

Machine $11,699
Honda 4 person hard roof and Honda 1/2 windshield $525.60 in parts and $78.00 in installation (Honestly the parts looked very simple to install)
Documentary Service Fee $97
License & registration fees $100.51
Tire recycling fee $4.00
Sales tax $849.36

My total out the door price with the above listed items was $13,353.47
That is essentially exactly what I paid OTD (mine was $13,250) for my Red P4 with the exact same accessories (full hard top and half-windshield). And yes, they are a breeze to install, so I just did it myself.

They (Geoff Bodine Honda of Melbourne) had originally quoted me over $15K. Their fees were insane, and the typical sales pitch of they have been selling them as soon as they hit the lot at that price.

Called around and got some quotes that were lower, but when I drove by the following week and saw 4 of them sitting outside, I walked in and told them where I wanted to be OTD for me to sign on the spot and little backroom discussion we had a deal. I realize others have gotten better deals, but I was happy, and now I'm the third person on my street to have bought one from that dealer, so I KNOW they're happy.

jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
Pioneer 700-4 $13595.65 out of the door no accessories ouch!!

T

talon1979

Feb 26, 2014
Eagle Mountain, Utah
Honestly I am not surprised people people are paying higher prices. When I purchased my 700-4 last week it was the only one I could find in the state of Utah. Several dealers however were claiming they were about ready to get another shipment.

R

roberd42

May 5, 2014
I'm on the Georgia/SC line. All the dealers in georgia claimed no more til after July, one even told me the factory (in SC) had been on a production halt. Local dealer said, "Dont expect a deal either." Columbia, SC dealer had two base 4P for MSRP plus a free Honda rotary tiller. I looked on craigslist and boom, about two hours away was a used red 4P with 4P hard top and full split windshield, 40 hrs, for $10k. Local credit union runs specials this time of year 2.74% for 72/mo.

Anyway, no tax for the farm, practically new machine for $10k plus my fuel to pick it up.

Progressive's insurance on this was a good bit higher than I was paying on an older SxS. $276 for the year, total loss protection not offered. But at least if someone steals it from my yard, it will be market value plus $3k in accessory coverage. I get insurance on my toys now after having two ATVs stolen years ago and nowhere to turn.

Reactions: Alan_Vander
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are a couple of P4s sitting at my local dealer in Pelham, Al... Well there were Saturday about 3:30. May not be tomo when they open.

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
2015 p500 $8499.plus some Maine UCC fee of 15.00 plus Maine tax at %5.5 the is all.....

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
hello everyone here in wv the honda dealers wants to stick it to everyone they can they said it is mandatory to collect the $600 shipping charge and a $ 150 dollar doc fee I know and u know that B.S but I can't get them to budge anyone know a dealer that wants to sell a p2 cash in hand just don't like to be taken advantage of it's the principle of the hole thing. thank u

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
7/25/14 charleston wv $ 11.575.20 that"s everything tax title a top and three quarts of oil with a filter not a smoking deal but hey I'm pioneering.

zrxrob

zrxrob

Sep 5, 2014
$12,600 with a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty other than normal wear items.should have it by months end :D

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!