honda big red hesitats and jumps sometime when it is in forw

T

tdbell

Mar 7, 2014
I have a 2009 Big Red and sometimes when in fprward it will jump , not rev up,makes weird noises. If I stop the forward motion and put it in neutral and then I rev it up a little and it takes off normal . Does the honda BR Have a fuel filter? This started about a week ago. The gas tank is half full. Can anybody help. It has been trouble free.

T

tdbell

Mar 7, 2014
Re: honda big red hesitats and jumps sometime when it is in

I have to tell you what was wrong with my Big Red. Thanks to Action Honda in Hudson Fl for figuring out what was wrong. The parts man , a genius , said it sounds like it is from lack of use. The clutches are not separating. I bought it used from another dealer. I kept the oil level where the dealer had it. Turns out it had 3/4 of a quart too much oil. Runs great now. Thanks for reading my problem.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Hum... Not sure about the "lack of use" part.. lol.
But I guess in theory the springs could stick from "lack of use" but that may be a stretch seeing they are bathed in oil.

Sorry I never responded to your question.
I generally try to make sure every post has a response.
Must over over looked it.
Sorry.

T

tdbell

Mar 7, 2014

*I wrote this on the forum a few months ago. Let me tell every Big REd owner something. If you have any trouble with hesitation, do this first. START YOUR BIG RED IN NEUTRAL. If my BR hesitates, I shift to neutral then to forward and it runs perfect. This works for me.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

tdbell,
Was that all it was? Sometimes the fix is nothing more then learning the best way to handle it.
Now that you mention this.. My Rincon would do that sometimes also. I found it was a switch that was not registering on the break leaver. Moving to N before throttle fixed it every time. Later found it was a dual switch on the right break handle not connecting. Replaced it and all was good.
Thanks for the update.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!