BOX1

Radiator Protection

R

Riverrat435

Jul 22, 2014
Just purchased and took delivery of my Pioneer 500 yesterday. I was wondering has any body did anything to protect the radiator? I am going to do something with expanded metal. I do not want sticks in the radiator. I also want to protect the brake lines in the wheel well area. If you have any other ideas let me know. I also own a king quad 750.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the community River. Glad you picked up a P500. I got to get my hands on one and see how it rides.
as for the radiator cover... I looked about this on the 700 also, but never got around to making one. I do see how it is exposed on the P500. I would not expect it to be too hard to build a shield.

BoomerSooner

BoomerSooner

Apr 18, 2015
Just purchased and took delivery of my Pioneer 500 yesterday. I was wondering has any body did anything to protect the radiator? I am going to do something with expanded metal. I do not want sticks in the radiator. I also want to protect the brake lines in the wheel well area. If you have any other ideas let me know. I also own a king quad 750.
I have put expanded metal in front of my radiator and on both sides of the lower area protecting the master cylinder area.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Take a look at the strongman bumper with a winch mounted. Helps protect the rad a decent amount.

X2 provides good coverage:
20150812 094533 zpshufvgw5z

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Seems Honda should have offered something like this - have a feeling it would have been a good seller at the time the machine is purchased. I really have to give Strongmade a thumbs up on their bumper - great design/look and well made!

Reactions: TR1 and Moose308
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I added a piece of feed bunk liner with zip ties to the right side to protect the exposed driveshaft boot.

Reactions: Warnout
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!