BOX1

Anyone buy the 700-2 and wish they'd bought 700-4?

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
Hi all I'm in the market for a s x s and narrowed in on pioneer 700. I think the 2 will be fine but don't want remorse that I didn't get the 4. Anyone buy a 2 and wish they'd bought the 4 or vice versa? While rare, I think I would haul 4 people occasionally and am not sure that's worth the extra money.

Thanks! TD

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
No remorse here, don't want to haul people around that normally annoy me. If you get more than say one or two crumb snatchers with ya at one time heck you can't here yourself think. That and I'm not one for pointing out how cool I am as I just know so no need to let others ride with me to reinforce what I already believe. They are cool rides wether for work or play so by one for yourself. If you ride to many others they won't buy one for themselves. Have some fun sling some mud! If ya can't get into doing it alone get the 700-4 ever who rides with ya will think your pretty cool.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I've only been out on a couple of rides that I thought it would be nice to have the P-4 [ could have taken grand kids] other then that I couldn't justify the extra cost. Its usually just the two of us in the Pioneer. We still have a mid size Ranger for our son to drive along with us when we go riding. We always go riding with two or more machines for safety reasons.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I love being able to carry 4 people. At my hunt club not everyone has an atv so they ride with me a lot. I love having the extra roll bars to put stuff on. The seats get a little aggravating whan you get dirt and sticks in them closing and opening. Just think about your needs.

Cloud 9 Rider

Cloud 9 Rider

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2013
Kansas City, MO
My wife and use the back seats more than we thought. It's allowed us to invite friends to go riding that we wouldn't normally be able to invite because they don't have a 4 wheeler of their own.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I got the 2 seater to make sure i didnt have room for anyone else but me and the wife.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and al700
T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm glad to hear everyone is happy with their choice. Curious what you all think about the power of the p4 with 4 people? My other hesitation is I don't want to spend the extra $ for the p4 and it not have the power and be disappointed. You read about the power problems with p4 but can't tell if it's due to the individual's expectations or a true weakness. I'm not a hard core rider but don't want something lethargic either.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had an issue with 4 GROWN adults. I'm not at 7k feet though. Not saying I'll win any drag races but it pulls the hills around here fine.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
As long as you are not at high elevation it will do just fine. I have had 4 people in mine a lot and have never powered out on a hill or mud hole. If you have 4 people in it you more than likely will not be doing really rough stuff anyways. I have turned mine over on its side going up a huge rutted out hill with 4 people in it. We turned it back on wheels and drove up it. If never powered out.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
You may not want the P4 now, But if you buy a P2 you will wished you had the P4. Just nice to have if ever needed.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
I have a P2, use the heck out of it for duck hunting, dog training, moving stuff around the farm, etc. I have never regretted not getting the extra 2 seats.

Realtreegrizzly

Realtreegrizzly

Jan 20, 2014
I got the p2 because of finances (only thing I could afford) actually traded two atv's and a 16 ft trailer even for mine. But wish I would have gotten the p4 I like the idea of the roof over the bed and being able to inclose it easily. And if you would ever need the extra seating it's there. But I can also see where the roll bars would be in the way.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TandT said:
You may not want the P4 now, But if you buy a P2 you will wished you had the P4. Just nice to have if ever needed.

I use the bed way more than the extra seats, but they come in handy now and then. In a few years when we have kids and they are big enough to ride the extras will come in very handy.

It's also nice to have a cargo area that is covered, keeps my tools dry if it starts raining while I'm working. Roll bar hasn't gotten in the way of cargo, roof has on some tall stuff.

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
I've read where some take off the rear roll over protection (Rops). Is that easily done?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a dozen or so bolts. Leaves a few tabs that the 2 doesn't have but yeah easy to do.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, you can always go this route. = general-pioneer-700-discussion-f47/converted-700-700-t405.html

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
Hondasxs I like that idea. Do u know if the plastic roof for the 2 will fit with the rear Rops off?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!