Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice. Buy.. I can't yet say I'm too sure about this UHMW stuff just yet. Need to see it in action. But I heard it was good.

Je4y8e6a4u4ehyta

Install Video

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Yea just realized it's not aluminum or steel. Iffy on buying it also. I think i saw it's $700 which seems crazy to me. Might just buy some plate aluminum and make my own.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Actually $700 is not too far off for this. UHMW is not cheap.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I just wonder if it will hold up. I can see it pulling off the bolt once you get it centered on a rock between the outside rail and the frame.

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
UHMW is more durable than metal. It will not bend because it has no memory. We use 100% UHMW and it is made in the USA and made correctly. It is not a blend or injection mold. This UHMW was created to line trucks and conveyors in a mining operation. We created the skid plates to stand up to the force of hitting rocks in Moab UT. Youtube RALLY ON THE ROCKS in Moab UT, the machines are going over rocks, slamming down on rocks, and sliding off without damaging the machine.
This is the force our skid plates can take. They also will hold the same structure in cold and heat. In 4 years we have not had our product tear or crack. We had a racing team use our skid and did not damage the skid. If you want to protect your investment, our skids will protect your machine.

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
Our skids are also designed with a recessed cup washer to protect the bolts from damage.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I may have to invest in one of these, I am constantly getting sticks flipped up and jammed up underneath the chassis and I have a full aluminum skidplate.

So far, one stick has punctured the floorboard under my left foot on the drivers side and another almost punctured the gas tank on the passenger side.

The cost of this is significant but so is the protection, a punctured gas tank would not only be a major hassle way out in the middle of nowhere but it could also be a major fire and safety hassle too, NOT GOOD....

Reactions: RevelDogs
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I agree, the long run this skid plate will be cheaper and save the under body of pioneer.

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
Pioneer UHMW skid plate 700-4, there is a difference

Compare the difference.

1. They won't bend like aluminum
2. They want rust
3. They are 9 times more durable than aluminum
4. They wont stick like aluminum will, this material is made to have material slide off it.
5. You can beat my skid plate up on rocks, tree stumps, ice chunks and it will hold up.
6. Noise reduction, you won't hear the metal pinging with my skid plate.Pioneer 700-4-sss-honda-pioneer-full-skid.jpg

Attachments

• HONDA 3 SKIDS.jpg
    HONDA 3 SKIDS.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 1,194
S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
How do you ship these, in one piece? Also, how many hole do you have to drill for the install?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I can lift mine up like that with the front end loader on one of the tractors, would make the install much easier!

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I lift mine up like that with my winch hooked to a tree limb. I do it every time i wash it. Makes it a lot easier to clean under body mud off.

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
Full Body skid plate! HONDA PIONEER 500

Honda Pioneer 500 100% UHMW skid plate.

Attachments

• SSS Honda Pioneer 500.jpg
    SSS Honda Pioneer 500.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 1,740
M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
Them wanting that much money is crazy. You can buy a 6x12 sheet of that stuff for around 500 bucks. I just bought a 6x12 sheet for the bottom of my airboat (same stuff) for 425 because I know someone. But you could go to any airboat shop and get a sheet to do your own. Cuts with a circular saw and easy to countersink screws.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. $600/$700 is a lot for anything. But many people don't have the means to cut one.
Me, I just can't understand how something plastic like will slide across rocks better then aluminum. Seems like it would sink in and hold it. Can't wait for someone to report back on a set.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!