BOX1

going west

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
i have a big job in deer lodge MT .so I'm driving out and will be there 4 to 6 weeks. I am bringing the 700 and planning to go to rally in the pines.

my questions.

will any one from he be at the rally .
i would also like to find some riding on the other weekends. can any one point me in the right direction.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Spifyd,

Don't feed the Bears and keep the food out of your Pioneer at night - if your like your Pioneer to stay the way it is.

Other than the Rally on the Rocks in Moab, Rally in the Pines is my all time favorite riding event in the country - Yellowstone area. This rally offers some of the best scenery you'll ever see! I'm hoping to get up there this year with the Pioneer, but it doesn't look too promising this year. Take the Sawtell Mountain and Henry's lake tour on one of the days. Beautiful area of the country! Having your machine street legal (or a street legal kit installed) will allow you a lot more riding options while at the Rally. Some of the trails (old railroad trail) is for 50" only machines, but the majority of the trail rides have no width restrictions. I do a lot snowmobiling in Island Park Idaho and West Yellowstone area; it's an area of the country that just when you've think you seen it all, around the next bend is something even more beautiful. Between the natural beauty and the abundant wildlife in the area, it will bring you back again and again.

Have Fun. There is no shortage of great riding areas and trails in Montana.

M

montana76

Aug 3, 2014
I live about 25miles west of Deerlodge and can saw there are tons of places to ride out here. I have my P4 on order and it should be here 15 September. I sold my 2012 Foreman and cant wait to get it. I have never done the Pines rally but know people that have and they had a blast.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
hydrant man im trying to arange some work down south on my way home. we may be calling you

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
Street legal and a resident?

This thread gives some great information for those of you who live in states that tag UTV's. In the two states Zi live in Delaware and Maryland, you cannot tag a UTV or ride it on any road unless private. However if your tagged in another state you can get away with driving it under the state laws where it's registered. So the challenge for us is to find a state that does not require residency and will tag your UTV through the mail. Looking into Utah and AZ. Any information besides a website link would be appreciated. Assume street legal equipment has been installed.
Thanks

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Beacheagle70,
In Utah you can tag your UTV as street legal, but I believe you would need to have it inspected in Utah. I added the required street kit (signals, horn, mirrors) but had to show my Pioneer was inspected ( by a Utah licensed inspection technician) before they would issue the license plate. I would check with Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. I have some sleds at a cabin in Idaho, that are registered in Idaho, and did everything through the mail. I also want to clarify what "street legal" is in Utah. In places like Moab, you pretty much have access to any road that is posted under 45 MPH. In other parts of the state, the populated county's ( salt lake, Weber and Utah counties), the tag is not legal. The good news is 80% + of the state is legal.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!