BOX1

Hot seat??

R

Redrider72

Sep 10, 2013
I have a question for owners of the new pioneer that has had it out riding it some. Does the seats or any of the inside part of the cab heat up and get hot to where it's uncomfortable to set in? I've rode a polaris XP ranger a few times and that thing would cook your rear, especially if you sat in the center. I'm just curious if the exhaust of the pioneer heats things up too. I'm looking at the two seater for my dad. He will mostly use it on the farm checking cattle and such. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

P

pappycak

Sep 9, 2013
Had my new pioneer 4 out 6 hrs this past sunday. very hot day. no issues with heat. very comfortable ride.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I have 125 miles on mine and I have not noticed any heat at all from the seats. I felt the plastic down below the seat in the heel area and it gets just slightly warm. I rode 15 miles this afternoon and about a 1/2 hr thru tight twisting trails and the engine heat made it to 3 bars on the gauge which has a total of 5 bars. The radiator fan kicks on and seems to do a good job keeping the heat down.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
I have put around 60 miles on mine, some of which was a 75 degree day, and didn't notice any engine heat coming into the seats.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Redrider72, I think I know what you're referring to now.
In riding mine this evening, I did notice some heat coming up where the seat belt latches are in the center aft section of the seat. It wasn't tremendous but yes, I did notice it.
In colder weather, I'll enjoy what little warmth I can find!

Reactions: 1911Man
B

BuffaloRanch

Apr 28, 2014
I have a total of 10 hours on mine and yesterday the seat was hot as a pistol! My wife had on shorts and was very uncomfortable. The seatbelt anchors could burn a childs fingers and hot air flows up through the openings. It is not overheating and the radiator fan would come on from time to time but something has to be done about this. My dealer is closed today and I hope he has an answer for this tomorrow.

Reactions: Robb
adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
Redrider72 said:
I have a question for owners of the new pioneer that has had it out riding it some. Does the seats or any of the inside part of the cab heat up and get hot to where it's uncomfortable to set in? I've rode a polaris XP ranger a few times and that thing would cook your rear, especially if you sat in the center. I'm just curious if the exhaust of the pioneer heats things up too. I'm looking at the two seater for my dad. He will mostly use it on the farm checking cattle and such. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I have 1800 + miles on mine in South FL. Keeping in mind that there is an engine and exhaust under your seat, it doesnt get that hot at all.I have felt it a bit warmer where the seat belts are located but not anything I would worry about if I was you.

BuffaloRanch said:
I have a total of 10 hours on mine and yesterday the seat was hot as a pistol! My wife had on shorts and was very uncomfortable. The seatbelt anchors could burn a childs fingers and hot air flows up through the openings. It is not overheating and the radiator fan would come on from time to time but something has to be done about this. My dealer is closed today and I hope he has an answer for this tomorrow.

I can tell you what the dealer is going to say but why ruin the surprise :lol:

Reactions: alloutdoors
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
adnoh said:
Redrider72 said:

I have 1800 + miles on mine in South FL. Keeping in mind that there is an engine and exhaust under your seat, it doesnt get that hot at all.I have felt it a bit warmer where the seat belts are located but not anything I would worry about if I was you.

BuffaloRanch said:

I can tell you what the dealer is going to say but why ruin the surprise :lol:

Mine does not get much more than warm to the touch, I'm in central AL and that was in high humidity 95+ weather last September. Yeah the heat comes up around the belts but it wasn't hot enough to burn you. I was afraid I would regret wearing shorts but the only time my bare skin got burned is when I let the black seat sit exposed in the sun for too long. My wife actually commented it was cooler(temp) than riding the motorcycle.

Do you have a full skid plate? Is it blocking airflow from under the drivers side? How slow were you riding?
If you were creeping and not allowing movement to create airflow under the vehicle if so I would bet money that is why it got so hot.

From what I hear the Polaris hot seat issue was fixed when people started using a second aux fan to help move air under the vehicle.
It didn't take much air to cool that area to a temp that was comfortable to the touch and the Rangers would actually get so hot the bottom of the seat would melt.

B

BadDog

Mar 31, 2014
Michigan
I checked out a few used Rangers before purchasing my Pioneer. The Rangers have a known issue with heat. At some point Polaris added heat reflective tape to the seat bottom. On older models the underside of the front seat would get so hot, it would melt the plastic.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mehu3a2a

Definitely not running hot today.

JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
i have about 400 hrs on mine. cold to cool days, no problem at all. Hot days, you can definitely feel some heat, but if you are wearing jeans you will probably never feel anything.

Reactions: Russ989
C

cajuncag

May 2, 2014
Gautier, MS
Took my new 700 2 seater out in the Alabama woods last weekend, and rode it pretty hard for hours. No cab heating noticed. In fact, I was impressed that little to no steam came up around the cab when hitting water on the trail. The exhaust is well to the rear and is well shielded.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the community Cajuncag.
I haven't noticed much steam either. Guess with so much air space around the motor it has plenty of places to go.

L

londog

Jun 26, 2014
How is the best way to fix this problem? Also, is there a way to control the dust from coming up into the cab? I've noticed that the bed isn't sealed and the back seats get very dirty.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I installed header thermal heat wrap on mine, reduced perceived cockpit heat over 50% and decreased engine resonance and noise so much all I hear is the air snorkel intake now.

Heat20Wrap

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
The front (center) Hot Seat issue became very noticeable during these recent Hot months of riding. It's not that the seat itself gets too hot, rather the airflow coming up from the motor makes the already 100 F + degree hot air even more uncomfortable. I've had numerous complaints / comments when I let someone take the Pioneer for a ride that they feel very hot air coming up from the center of the front seat- it's very noticeable.

I found some heating shielding material (foil backed with adhesive that is used on auto firewalls and floors) to reduce the radiant heat coming up from below. I also have a friend that has a Polaris Ranger that once had a very similar issue. He cut out and installed a fan just below and in front of the center seat; the fan pulled air from the seating / cab area and helped cool the area around the motor. He also installed more heat shield below his seats and it made a world of difference. He reverses the polarity of the fan (using a switch) in the winter months to bring in warm air into the cab area from the motor heat - a poor mans heater. Just curious if anyone has done this to a Pioneer and if worked to reduce heat in the summer and add heat in the winter? The other concern with adding a fan is the noise from the fan and additional motor noise that may come through the fan opening ? Motor noise is not an issue at Idle or lower RPMS, but at WOT, the Pioneer can get pretty loud! I'm also concerned about the possibility of CO2 entering into the cab if there is any exhaust leaks?

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I have 1100 miles on mine and yes it gets hot below the seat. It's uncomfortable wearing shorts and the seat does warm up but not too bad. I've thought about wrapping the exhaust or installing a small fan to force air from the cab into the engine compartment, or maybe just more foil insulation.

A

Aschippers

Nov 24, 2014
I ride a lot at the beach with my grandsons sitting in the middle front seat and both have complaint it gets hot (the plastic panel under the seat) although we ride in shorts. They end up putting their feet over the seat!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!