Just Got My New Pioneer 700-4

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Just unloaded this baby and she is sweet, is going to be used as a utility/hunting vehicle on a 2,400 acre cattle farm.

Pioneer20Front

Pioneer20Roof

We do allot of night hunting for hogs and coyotes to control the vermin and am installing a FLIR M-324XP high performance marine yacht thermal camera with in cab LCD video and remote control.

M Series1

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the community Sky, nice looking P4. I'm sure it will make a awesome machine to hunt hogs and coyotes with. I had a coyote in my yard on Mon. Could not get to the gun in time and he was long gone. May do some calling tonight for it. Has my wife sacred to go outside. Lol..
Would love to see the thermal cell when you get it mounted. Be cool.

Thanks for joining our community. We collected a ton of info on the Pioneer so far and add more every day.
Hope to see you around.
Thanks.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I have the voltmeter and wiring harness installed with the Warn winch, now I have the Honda Horn to install and it apparently is not a plug and play type install, I have the sub-harness for it, do I remove the accessory connector and replace it with the new horn harness? IF so, how does the accessory still work? No instructions came with it and it does not look like it hooks up to the Honda proprietary plug-in for the extra LED lights (I did install the two 4" Honda LED up on the windshield without any hassle...this horn does not make sense?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I also come the complete camo wrap from Creative UTC Graphics and am going to try putting that on soon too...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Skypup if I'm understanding your question the sub-harness goes in line with the power outlet under the dash. The Auxilary panel is not a plug and play it takes a small amount of wiring.

Nevermind the instructions showed up after I posted.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Whoo Hoo!!! Just want to thank you much as I got the horn installation completed and your assistance with those diagrams is greatly appreciated!!!

Now, one more quick question....

I notice that with this new harness setup there is supposedly a way to hook up a reverse drive beeper for safety when backing up, however I would like to instead hook up a rear LED lamp so that when I shift into reverse the LED lamp automatically comes on and then turns back off when in neutral or forward.

Is there a way to accomplish this now that I have the horn & harness installed and functional? That would be great if at all possible.....

Here are a couple of night vermin kills here on the property:

NV20350lb20Hog20ATV

NV20350lb20Hog20Head

Flir20T7020Coyote20Color20Pic

NV20Coyote202

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not anytime soon although I'm sure I could get a spectacular discount through work.

Skypup, yes you could use the wire coming off the reverse sensor to trigger a relay to turn your back up lights on and off when in and out of reverse.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
ohanacreek said:
Not anytime soon although I'm sure I could get a spectacular discount through work.

Skypup, yes you could use the wire coming off the reverse sensor to trigger a relay to turn your back up lights on and off when in and out of reverse.

Thanks a bunch for the help with this as that is a perfect way to regulate a reverse only night LED light for backing up with. I am going to work on this hopefully this weekend...

Does anyone actually know which wire is the reverse sensor?

Here is the view through the FLIR at night in Black Hot mode (it has White Hot, Black Hot, Marine Red, Rainbow, Fire, and Ice modes in color too) with heavy clouds and no moon, totally pitch dark out, can see out over a mile with it...

17520Yards201X

17520Yards202X

Thermal20Dog3

Reactions: bobbyhill
S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Hmmm, it looks like I need to get the back up alarm sub-harness to install a rear LED light in it's place?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to look at the wiring diagram but you might be able to splice into the existing wiring if you're willing to do that sort of thing.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Perhaps I could splice into the the reverse hot wire if I knew which one it was?
Really don't want to mess up the OEM wiring harness, I am putting in another battery and battery isolater to run the FLIR gear off of so I can use it when the engine is not running without messing up the starter battery.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Would be best to splice into the negative coming off the gear position switch. When in R it gets grounded. Have it trip a relay for the light.
I can get some more info on the wire later tonight.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Thank you very much, that sounds like a great idea...you guys are a great help with these machines!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The gear position switch wire connector is located by the passenger side rear tire.
The gray wire will become a ground when in reverse. You can use it to trigger a relay.

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 917
S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
You have been so very helpful, thank you very much for this information as there is no way I would have figured this out for myself!

Just nailed a nice boar hog rooting things up tonight with the new Pioneer and the FLIR T-70 Thermal Weapon scope tonight at about 125 yards.....

Hondini20Hog

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!