LED Lighting

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Anyone install additional lighting on their toy's yet? Was looking at Rigid and a few others. The overhead lightbar that is offered by Honda will not work, therefore I am looking for something that can bolt/anchor to the front bumper. Do not want to spend to much $$ but do not want anything cheap either.

Thank you!

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
Rigid is top of the line LED The cubes are worth the money.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I'm in the process of installing a small 60 degree Rigid flood light facing aft. It's connected to the roll bar and just below the roof. I'll use this for backing up and hopefully loading up deer and hogs.

I'm also installing the Rigid 10" light bar and plan to mount just above my winch. I haven't received it yet, but I'll figure it out when I can mock it up.

One cool thing I did for the wiring for the rear light, I fished the wire through the metal roll cage all the way up to the front end. Used rubber grommets to prevent chaffing on the entry holes. Took awhile, but it was worth it!

I'll post up pics when I'm done.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice I thought about doing that but didn't want to have to drill holes in my ROPS or try to fish it out at multiple locations.... Call it what it is LAZY.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
idahohntr said:
Anyone install additional lighting on their toy's yet? Was looking at Rigid and a few others. The overhead lightbar that is offered by Honda will not work, therefore I am looking for something that can bolt/anchor to the front bumper. Do not want to spend to much $$ but do not want anything cheap either.

Thank you!

Rigid is NICE but were building a house and I couldn't justify paying 700$ for a 20" light bar. and 300$ for a couple of cubes.

I installed this on the front http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D1C ... automotive they are plenty bright. If I ever remember to take a good camera Ill take a pic. SO FAR it has been water-resistant it is IP67 so it supposed to be water resistant to an extent. NOT waterproof. Not planning on riding in any torrential downpours, maybe when it is being hauled but that'd be it. I have it mounted in a similar location to the Honda Light bar.

and have this on order http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ES ... DWA140ODY4 for the back.

EDIT:

Adding Pics and Short Videos

Attachments

• IMG_0498a004 copy.jpg
    IMG_0498a004 copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,739
K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
There is actually some 3" cubes that are off brand that are nice.. I had them on a teryx just had to buy mounts and a switch.. I have a 30" bar light from blue fire if it looks decent on the pioneer I may put it there for hunting..

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
a buddy of mine has one of these 10" on the front of his grizzly and its pretty impressive. I may put something on the rear down the road but I just purchased a 6'x14' trailer yesterday to replace my 5'x8' that I used to haul the atv with, so my play money has been depleted for a bit.

http://www.plashlights.com/SR-Light-Bars.html

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
There is a guy in Indiana and one in Ohio that sales led lights pretty reasonable prices just remember most led lights you have to get your own harness and switch..

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
The smaller Rigid that I installed aft came with a harness and switch. The harness is too short to do any good and I have rocker switches for the dash.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
PB170760 zpsd95c4015
PB170758 zps8fc747b6
Just mounted the lights today but have not ran the wires yet. I like putting the light bar here just like one of the other members did, plus did Not have to drill any holes other than 1 for the light bar wire, Beats drilling in the roof.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Damn I do as well! Nice job!

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Thoughts on additional lighting were that there was possibly a need for them. This thought was based on the poor lights on say a riding lawn tractor. Since taking delivery and riding around the farm at night checking fencing. I was impressed with how bright oem frontal lighting is, so now I may at some point adding a rear light for backing or loading. Before giving away butt loads of cash on accessories, I say buy, ride, have fun and let time and personal experience determine what butt loads of cash will be spent on.

R

Rockfarmer816

Oct 7, 2013
I bought a couple of led. 1200 lumen lights, wanted to put them on the windshield mounting holes, but the window wont hinge open. Decided to install them on the front bumper. I would love to install a high/low beam switch anyone have an idea for the existing switch at the steering wheel? The oem lighting is good for trails but lights up diddly squat to the sides. Was gonna put in a relay etc.. But fishing for a toggle switch on the dash in the dark will be a pita.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Rockfarmer816 said:
I would love to install a high/low beam switch anyone have an idea for the existing switch at the steering wheel?
I looked into installing the switch from the Big Red, but they want $40 for the switch. So I'll pass. If anything install a (ON/ON) switch right above the current light switch and wire in some LED's.

I also looked at installing Hi/Lo bulbs but can not find any that fit the small hole.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I made some brackets for the Honda lights to use on the split windshield. They work great for some more side vision lighting .My windshield opens with plenty of room to spare

Attachments

• IMG_0727[1].jpg
    IMG_0727[1].jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 5,308
  • IMG_0728[1].jpg
    IMG_0728[1].jpg
    871.2 KB · Views: 5,318
K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
Elkhunter how bright are those? I had the Cree Led lights that size on my teryx I loved them

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
They are 3 watt cree at 1200 lumens apiece. They help out quit a bit but make my head lights look yellow.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
That's normal.. Does Honda have mounts for there cube lights and full windshield? I haven't seen them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!