Lift and gas mileage

U

ucankissmyfatbass3

Jul 23, 2014
plus.google.com
I love my pioneer, but I've had some problems with getting high centered in very rutted out places. I've been looking at a 2.5 lift and was wondering if any of you have tried this and was wondering if this hurt your gas mileage any?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shouldnt hurt the mileage unless you change the tires too.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Agreed. Lift should not affect it. In theory it will increase because you want get stuck so much such means less will spin. Tires is what will effect the millage but still it want be noticeable.

Did you see the link on the strong made lift. You can also enter to win one. Hurry, that ends tomorrow.

helimech

helimech

Feb 11, 2014
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My lift and 27" tires seem to get me better gas mileage, but maybe it's just getting broken in. Amsoil synthetic oil probably helped too

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I've got a 2" lift plus 26" {Radial tires} and seems to me that the mileage is better.In all fairness I've only run the stock tires in the winter and put the 26" Radials on in the spring.Possibly the warmer weather,and Radials have given the Pioneer better mileage ???

U

ucankissmyfatbass3

Jul 23, 2014
plus.google.com
Okay, thanks guys. Another thing i was wondering about a lift is, does it affect the stability of the pioneer like when climbing a hill for example. I love how stable it feels right now and was wondering if a lift would affect it. Can you tell the difference when turning or climbing?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I put front shock spacers on my pioneer it lifted front to 13 inch ground clearance and put 27"or 26" tires and it would help out a ton. With 27" tires and rear springs all the way up would put you at 15" front and 13" rear. Just that 13" front ground clearance has help me out. still running stock tires. I would like a lift but with the way i ride i just can't see doing it. I have already turned my pioneer over on rutted out hills and if i did the lift it would turn over even easier.

U

ucankissmyfatbass3

Jul 23, 2014
plus.google.com
scott said:
I put front shock spacers on my pioneer it lifted front to 13 inch ground clearance and put 27"or 26" tires and it would help out a ton. With 27" tires and rear springs all the way up would put you at 15" front and 13" rear. Just that 13" front ground clearance has help me out. still running stock tires. I would like a lift but with the way i ride i just can't see doing it. I have already turned my pioneer over on rutted out hills and if i did the lift it would turn over even easier.
What kind of spacers, how much and where did you get them?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I pm you the info.. it's schedule 40 pipe with an inner diameter of 1.61" make them 1" long or whatever works best for you. I did mine 1 1/4 inch long. It also helps with the bottoming out issue the front shocks have. I now drive over bumps at 20mph or faster. Before it would bottom out going just 10-15 mph. The spacers really help.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I would get the strong made lift and also do front spacers. I believe that combo is the best.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!