New Pioneer

L

linemanlogan

Jan 18, 2015
north dakota
I got my new pioneer 700-4 yesterday. Took it out today and love it! Took the wife and dog on a 10 mile ride when it was 32 degrees out and it was great. Just have the full roof and full windshield for now and keep us very comfortable. The ride was very smooth even going across hard snow out in the stubble fields and down prairie trails. Thankfully the wife loves it to and isn't mad anymore :lol:! Then a buddy came over with his rzr 800 and we went out on a 25 mile ride. The pioneer definitely isn't as snappy and quick as the rzr but did just fine against it in the snow. Hardly burned any fuel. Looking forward to adding different bumper, winch and a few other things to it. Mainly going to use it for fencing and chores around the farm and a little fun with friends. So far it has been a great purchase.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lineman,
Wonderful your wife likes it. Now your not so much in the dog house for spending 12 grand on a SxS. lol. The windshield really helps cut the cold. It surprised me the first time I had mine out in 20 deg weather. Your right, the Pioneer is not nearly as snappy and fast as a RzR. But it will get the job done. As for fuel. I have been somewhat impressed. RzR guys caring extra fuel. I can get a full days riding in where they have to haul 5 gallons to do the same.
Well, if you out on the farm checking fence in the snow please snap some pictures if you can. We love pics.
Hope you see you around and welcome to the HondaSxS Club!

L

linemanlogan

Jan 18, 2015
north dakota
I will definetly try and get a few pics for you guys. Been so excited riding it I haven't even taken any pics

L

linemanlogan

Jan 18, 2015
north dakota
Finally took a few pics of it. Let it sit outside in the sun for a while so it could melt

Attachments

• honda.png
    honda.png
    64 KB · Views: 834
  • honda 2.png
    honda 2.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 834
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Very cool! The pioneer makes checking fences so much more fun! Not to mention plenty of room for wire, tools, salt blocks or whatever you need to carry. I (and I'm sure the rest of us on here) could never go back to a 4 wheeler and a trailer!

L

linemanlogan

Jan 18, 2015
north dakota
The nets r definetly going to come off soon. Barbed wire and those don't mix and they r just gonna get in the way. Kept them on for now cuz they keep the dog from jumping out. Lol. Once spring comes we'll see how handy it really is for fencing

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That was the first thing I did, net had to go! I left the one on the passenger side because my wife preferred it there and like you said keeps the dog from falling out!

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I own a and operate a farm in West Virginia. I bought my Pioneer for the same reasons as you and have found it almost as useful as my 4x4 tractor!

Couple of quick suggestions, I put an aftermarket bumper on the front, I choose EMP from Cleveland Ohio, it is strong and well built but the feature I liked about it the most is that it mounts the winch on top of the bumper,and the winch mount is built in,thus keeping it out of the water and mud that your winch would otherwise be exposed to. It is a easy install and I have had zero problems with it in the 6 months I have been using it. I used a Champion Winch from Cabelas, $99.00, 3 ton, 99$ to your door,,from one of their sales,,,lifts 72 inch plow no problem, and my son in the military got in for buck/bear season and killed a bear, after a 4 hr drag we where able to get the Honda into a ledge above the hollow he was dragging down in and using an assortment of roaps and straps hooked in line to winch it up 400 feet which saved him another 3/4 of a mile drag in rough rugged country! I only regret that when I go to hunt South Dakota this spring turkey season I cant take it with me!! best longbeards

L

linemanlogan

Jan 18, 2015
north dakota
yeah Ive been looking at the emp bumper. looks like a pretty solid unit. if I do get it ill probly do alittle modification to it. but definetly on the list. once I get the new shop insulated and heated and a new welder ill make a few things for it. and when do you go hunting in sd longbeards?? should come up here pheasant hunting!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!