Overheating

J

Jakedog

Feb 9, 2015
My 700-4 overheat light came on two times. I was on a hard packed road in 35 degree weather, was just seeing if anyone else had a problem. Shut machine off for a couple minutes and was fine rest of time, almost feel that the thermostat stuck.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Check to see if the antifreeze is low.One other thing that everyone over looks is to make sure that the Rad fins aren't plugged with stuff. If you've been in mud and muddy water etc. the Rad maybe needed to be washed out. How about the fan does is cycle on and off. Also have you done anything to the machine say like installing a heater or ?? If you don'y have the flow right it will over heat as well.[Not sure where you live but make sure you have antifreeze and not just water in the rad.]

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I ride in a lot of muddy conditions. When finished i have to pay a lot of attention to washing the radiator out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!