BOX1

Side View Mirrows

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Merry XMAS!!

I am in need of side view mirrows,,,use my machine on the farm every day,,often in tight spots,,,,would like one that will not come lose and folds in tight,,WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS before I buy a pair!!

Thanks
longbeards
wv

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Longbeards,

I kinda like these http://amzn.to/1xt5GGa They will fold in allowing you to clear tight places.

Attachments

• 41H-fh1pS6L[1].jpg
    41H-fh1pS6L[1].jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 994
pilsbury38

pilsbury38

Oct 12, 2014
I just put a set of koplins on mine but haven't gotten to ride it with them yet so to early to give my opinion.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, The Koplin ones look good too. Check them out here - http://amzn.to/1B34gBw

BUT... They are for a 1.75 bar. A thin piece of rubber like from a inner tube and you want be able to tell. + protects the ROPS.

Attachments

• 7135YbX5B+L._SL1500_[1].jpg
    7135YbX5B+L._SL1500_[1].jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 929
pilsbury38

pilsbury38

Oct 12, 2014
Yes I did change the rubber spacer but it wasn't a big deal.

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hondasxs said:
Longbeards,

I kinda like these http://amzn.to/1xt5GGa They will fold in allowing you to clear tight places.

I have these and like them. They were a little stubborn to get on because of the bar diameter, but not too bad. They easily fold in when needed. They do vibrate a little, but I would assume they all do.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I have the Koplin ones and like them. A thin rubber spacer and your on your way. They fold in nice for tight spaces. 05dd7ff7bdea7dc8fbb1df44b0ffe380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloud 9 Rider

Cloud 9 Rider

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Not sure if you have bought your mirrors yet, but this is what we use on our farm and for lots of wooded trail riding. They're called Smack Back Buggy mirrors from Extreme Metal Products. They're more money than a lot of the other ones but they're built entirely out of steel. They're actually for a Razr so I had to use a thin spacer on the Pioneer Roll-bar. On tight wooded trails they will bang off of trees and spring right back. If you're not riding in tight areas it might be a little overkill but for my riding style they work perfect. I've been pretty rough on them, rolled the pioneer on its side and they didn't break, just a little bent but easy to straighten out. I did slide down a hill backwards (steep rocks in the rain was a bad idea) and clipped it on a tree (should have folded it in and it would've been fine) but it broke the glass once, however I was able to just purchase a replacement glass that bolts onto the bracket. When they're folded in the plastic fender sticks out farther making it next to impossible to catch them on something.

http://extrememetalproducts.com/i-13873 ... rrors.html

http://youtu.be/8879cdleLVA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 762
L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I purchased the Bad Dawg side view mirrows.

With that said I was going to leave a not so good review on them, BUT after emailing the company that I received a box with out any instructions, I received an email with a cell number to call them. I am pretty sure someone had these mirrows before me and returned them. ANYWAY they walked me right though the set up and they are installed.
Which impressed me, their service is good!

I plowed about 3 or 4 miles of road this weekend with them. I was happy with how they worked, but will reserve my review till I can use them for a few weeks. I am afraid that the plastic will wear and they will become loose. 2nd I was missing a couple of screws and lock washers but was able to get them on with a couple from my junk collection of nuts an bolts. I purchased these as I thought they where made to fit the Pioneer, I was mistaken, I had to add foam to the mts in order to get them to secure tightly. Paying as much as I did, I fully expected them to fit with out modification.
Just My Two Cents Worth,
Longbeards WV

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I appreciate your thoughts I've been on the lookout for some mirrors too. This review is helpful.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tflynn said:
I appreciate your thoughts I've been on the lookout for some mirrors too. This review is helpful.

Agreed, I have been half heartedly looking, but reading these comments I think I've chosen a set.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
So what's the overall consensus? I need mirrors too you know.. Haha, I only want the best!

pilsbury38

pilsbury38

Oct 12, 2014
I've only plowed with the koplins I put on mine but so far I really like them. Very little to no vibration, if it ever gets warm enough to go for an actual ride I will see how they are on the trail

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Posting again because I had one of the Bad Dawgs fail with less then 4 hrs riding time...
Check out the attached picture, one of the blocks broke where it attaches to the mirror, plastic appears to have just broken around the holding bolts? It was very cold Monday when it failed, I was burning brush, using the utv to haul saw, kerosene and gas to cut and stack 15 or 20 treetops I had to burn,,,worked about 5 hours and returned to my pole building, went inside to warm up and came out to find the mirror laying beside my UTV,,,It never hit a tree or any other object, but like I said it was cold as can be. I called them and they told me they had never had this happen and are sending me replacement parts. This is all and good but working all the time I really don't like to have to work on my machines,,so the question is rather to keep them or look for a better built pair. Someone posted about EMP mirrors, I have a EMP bumper and I can say it is super,,might look at them..Will give these BIg Dawgs one more try!! Longbeards, in the mts of WV

Attachments

• IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well.. that sucks. Glad they are covering it. No more recommendations for them I guess.

pilsbury38

pilsbury38

Oct 12, 2014
Put on about 30 miles yesterday with my daughter and I have no complaints about my koplin mirrors. They stay where I put them they have almost no vibration ( which may be because of the rubber I used as a shim ) and the couple times I did hit a branch they just swung in. I would definitely buy them again.5e2e0a96dddd781bc8ae5a320853f639

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
pilsbury38 said:
Put on about 30 miles yesterday with my daughter and I have no complaints about my koplin mirrors. They stay where I put them they have almost no vibration ( which may be because of the rubber I used as a shim ) and the couple times I did hit a branch they just swung in. I would definitely buy them again.5e2e0a96dddd781bc8ae5a320853f639

Good to hear I just put a set of these on yesterday.
I won't get to test them out till the ride in a few weeks.
With the fabric front doors on I can't see the passenger side but with them off they're prefect (running up and down my driveway anyway.)

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I put on some Polaris ranger mirrors my wife bought me. they work some times. always falling apart. never get me home. lol

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!