Small width tires all around

river4

river4

Oct 20, 2013
Louisiana
Has anybody put 9" width tires all the way around? I have 26 X14 X11 Big Horns in the back and it slings mud everywhere. Thinking of ordering 26 X 14 X 9 for the back also to see if that helps. Im all about mud riding when I want to. Not all the time. Also does anyone know of a aftermarket rear bumper for the P-4. EMP makes one for the P-2 but it will not work on the P-4. Thanks

[album]1338[/album]

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
River4,
Welcome to the community. Take a look around and don't be afraid to post if you have a question or need help.

Here is a few topics to look at.

See you are a jeep owner. I'm guessing you have the ability to do some welding.. If so you can modify the EMP rear bumper to fit with the P4 like I have done. Here's a few links:
Modifying the bracket to clear the rear ROPS - pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/emp-rear-bumper-extreme-metal-products-t1243.html
Installing the EMP Rear Bumper - pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/emp-pioneer-extreme-rear-bumper-installation-t1288.html

As for the mud... Well, this is common with aftermarket wheels. We ALL are waiting on some aftermarket mud flaps.
Until then... Here are a few post from a few talanted members.
Front - pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/fender-flares-t1216.html
Rear - pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/rear-fender-flares-t1012.html

As for going smaller on the rear. Not sure that would give an improvement you fell good about. You actually need to change wheels to a lesser offset.

Thanks.

river4

river4

Oct 20, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks for the info.. I did make some make shift flaps for the wheel wells. They are working better than without. I am going to try the tires in the rear just to see how that works. I also thought about modifying that P-2 bumper. Probly will have to. Im just waiting to get hit in the back on one of my rides. I will let you know how the tires work out. Heres a pic of the EMP front bumper

[album]1343[/album]

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the idea of changing the offsets. But what will be cheaper? The wheels or the tires?

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the same size on the front and rear. 26 9 14 Sedona Ripsaw's and really like them. There is a photo on here in the wheels and tire section. And Yes I do not get a lot of mud in the rear. You still get some just not a lot.

river4

river4

Oct 20, 2013
Louisiana
well anything less will be better, im offshore right now. when i get home next week im gonna mount the 9" on the rear.

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
I have 27-9-12 mud lights all around mine on Itp ss312 wheels it gets covered in mud

river4

river4

Oct 20, 2013
Louisiana
I got the 9's all the way around. And like others said it still gets muddy, not as bad though. I made some more fender flares out of the landscape wrap. A guy on here has the same thing, where I got the ideal. Problem pretty much solved

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!