BOX1

Spare tire suggestions

bbnelson

bbnelson

Dec 20, 2013
Looking to do a spare tire setup on my Pioneer 4. Where is the best place to mount it so it's out of the way but ready to go when you need it? Would prefer a jack and lug wrench within the package.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bad news. Not really any options outside of building a custom setup for the P4 that allows use of the dump bed and both rear seats.

I was working on one for mine but gave up for now. I need to rethink it.

Anybody got any ideas.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Looking at pics of the P4 with the roof on couldn't a person make a mount on the roof just behind the front roll bar were it drops down and meets the rear roll bar. I know height is a concern but using a skinny tire would work. The spare would basicially be like that of a car [donut spare tire] Really all you need a spare for is to beable to carry the machine back to were you started. Having it on the roof would keep from taking up any bed space etc:. I think if I had bought a P4 and wanted to carry a spare I'd do some thing like that.Another thing to consider would there be enough room to say mount the spare on the underside of the roof right near the front. I don't have a P4 to see if that would work. Not sure how much that would impede the head clearance for anyone riding in the back. Just some idea's I'am throwing out there.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not enough room for heads and a tire under the ROPS in the back of a p4.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I seen the rhino mount. Tailgate works but I do not think the bump does.
Could you take that concept and mount it to the ROPS somehow.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!