Stalled

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
Hello all
First time it ever did it to me...
Backed it out of shed....Stalled!!!!!!! Gave it some gas. i was able to plow.......Any advice ??

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
back into the garage at night and you can just drive out in the morning wont stall then.lol
mine stalls once in a while. Its a big thumper not that uncommon .if you floor it and let off quick.
It always seems to do it when im trying to maneuver in a tight place .

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I thought there was a thread on this somewhere.But just to ease your mind lots of us have had our Pioneer do this. Its always say if your making it work and then back off the throttle suddenly [like take your foot off the gas] and try to step on it again is went it stalls. Mine will happen say if I'am pushing thru snow making it spin ,then back off real quick and step on it again it'll stall. I;ve gotten used to say back off the throttle easy and then giver again then its fine.

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
Now i have to race the engine to have it move....Any advice?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Check your oil level if its low it'll do that plus until the oil warms up it'll do that. I've switched to a sythetic oil and it very seldom does that now even when its cold.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
sxs2015 said:
Now i have to race the engine to have it move....Any advice?
Are you letting it warm up a good bit since you are up north.
Unless you keep it in a heated garage it needs to warm up a min or two.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let it warm up and make sure your dealer is using 10w-40

Once 10w-30 was used and I had rev it to get it to move. Put 10w-40 in it an problem disappeared.

Still does it when it's cold.

K

kylesayer

Oct 4, 2014
check out problems with the muffler. once the baffles get loos the push up against the spark arrester casining it to stall at low speeds.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine would do this too. Make it work then when I let off the gas it would idle very low and then stall. I switched to higher octane fuel (91 instead of 87 which is recommended in the owners manual) and it hasn't done it since. Just something easy you could try...

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
Odd thing happened..After 30 mins of plowing it just stopped and turned off...???????????

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I saw someone on other forum say it happened to him also. He had to unhook the battery to get it to start back up. Never did find the issue i don't think. Another guy had a issue of stalling while plowing it was a voltage issue.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I ran both of my batteries dead plowing last week. I had to shut off all the lights heater and everything else to get it to charge back up. I put it on the battery charger overnight after plowing. Once the voltage gets low it will shut it right off

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!