Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys, I just emailed super atv yesterday about when and if they would be offering rhino axles for the pioneer. For those that don't know, rhino axles is the brand name of the axle and has nothing to do with the Yamaha rhino! Anyway they told me rear axles would be available next week sometime and front axles "hopefully" next month. Just wanted to let everyone know as this is something I've been on the lookout for for awhile. Not because I break stock axles just because I like to know my drivetrain is bulletproof!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great news, considering the OEM axles have been on backorder.
Knowing that several people have already broken the fronts with oem wheels... It's good to know there is a better replacement not far from release.
Keep tabs and let us know if u find out anything.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Still nothing on super atv's website. I'm checking often and ill post when they appear

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just an update- Emailed super atv again and they told me parts would be on the website "very soon". Not quite sure what that means so just keeping fingers crossed.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Is the rear axles the same. Thinking i might buy one rinho axle for a back up. And is front the same? Can i buy one rear and one front and use on either right or left.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
scott said:
Is the rear axles the same. Thinking i might buy one rinho axle for a back up. And is front the same? Can i buy one rear and one front and use on either right or left.
Nope, There all 4 different. And that sucks. lol

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
So I got to buy all 4 dang it. Oh got my cv guards from RMP on and the boot replaced. But I saw I got a little bitty pin hole on right rear boot so will change them out next week. It sucks changing them boots out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha just buy a whole set of Rhino Axles....Then you have a set of spares!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For a pin hole... Clean it up good, scruff it up some, decrease it, and some black RTV on it. Like it never happened.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
You talking about the Permatex Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil Resistance RTV Silicone Gasket Maker, 3.35 oz. Tube Had to Google it. I got to order some also. Or what kind you use. also hondasxs you know anyone around here that is going to wind rock that could pull my sxs i can get a big 20' or 28' trailer. Thats if i can't get a truck or my jeep fixed in time. I'll just stay in my tent.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
ohanacreek said:
Ha just buy a whole set of Rhino Axles....Then you have a set of spares!

That's the plan if they will ever get them up on their website!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Big news! The wait is over, super atv has rhino axles for the pioneer (front and rear) available for purchase on the website, $200 per axle!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I thought I would post the product description, as I found it informative-

29e3d17b71298f161456d85b356164f2

Honda Pioneer 700 Heavy Duty Axle
Will Fit:
Honda Pioneer 700 : 2014+
Honda Pioneer 700-4 : 2014+

To ensure the highest quality and performance, Rhino Brand Axles are made from Heavy-Duty 4340 Chromoly Steel, one of the industry’s strongest materials. This creates an excellent strength-to-weight ratio for these heavy-duty axles. Along with being significantly stronger than other axles, Rhino Brand Axles can operate at huge angles. Generally after a lift kit or larger tires are added OEM axles are not up to the task of handling the added pressure. This often leads to the weakening and eventual breakage of the axles. Rhino Brand Axles are engineered to have larger shafts and CVs making them able to handle these extreme angles. Not only can they handle the angle pressure, Rhino Brand Axles perform exceptionally well under the stress of high-powered motors and aggressive tires. These axles have proven themselves again and again and can withstand the test of the most intense riding.

Axle orientation is the same as if you are sitting in the bike. (Driver's side is left, Passenger side is right).

We offer a 1 year warranty on all RHINO Brand axles.

http://www.superatv.com/Honda-Pioneer-700-Axles-Stock-Length-Rhino-P11872C1524.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This should be good for those lifting there Pioneer 700's

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll probably be replacing them as they break, if they break.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I found another axle option, thought I'd share-
Demon Heavy Duty Axles for Honda Pioneer 700 / 700 4: SideBySideStuff.com

They are available for the 500 as well. Don't know if they're any better than the rhinos but nice to have options that are priced nearly the same. I'm thinking of doing this upgrade in stages. Do the rear first then the front or maybe the other way around, can't decide which end needs them more. Maybe the front then I could run 4 wheel lock and not have to be careful! What do you guys think?

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I found another axle option, thought I'd share-
Demon Heavy Duty Axles for Honda Pioneer 700 / 700 4: SideBySideStuff.com

They are available for the 500 as well. Don't know if they're any better than the rhinos but nice to have options that are priced nearly the same. I'm thinking of doing this upgrade in stages. Do the rear first then the front or maybe the other way around, can't decide which end needs them more. Maybe the front then I could run 4 wheel lock and not have to be careful! What do you guys think?
Can i ask why you would replace something that hasnt broken yet? I mean order one or two in case the stock ones break but I have been surprised by the durability of some stock parts. Not condemning, just asking.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's mostly a preventative measure. The rhinos are stronger and capable of handling extreme angles. Once we lift our machines, add power, and start adding larger tires, we are asking the stock axles to do things they weren't designed to do. With all that said, the stock axles have proven to be quite durable, with only a few reports of breakage (usually in 4 wheel lock). Maybe I would never break a stock one, but as I continue to modify my machine I don't want to have to wonder.....and I DONT want to find out 50 miles from my truck!!

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!