torn cv boot

W

williamdean

Oct 16, 2014
Does the axle pop out of the rear end after removing the axle nut by giving a good tug or will I need a specialized tool, Broke after buying a new winch and going to have to get cv boot protectors,When I find out which ones are best. So I really dont want to spend a fortune at the dealer when I think I can do it myself,was very surprised on how easy it tore I have taken it easier on this than any atv or utv I have owned.Thanks....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. It should normally with a decent jerk. But not a super hard jerk. You could pull the star out of the cup however I have never had this happen. Being new it should pull out on first jerk.

After that taking it apart is a mess. I am assuming it is the outside boot. Bad news is I think you may have to take apart both joints. I'll have to look and see.

Let us know if you need any help or more details on doing it.

Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!