Under Hood cheap storage

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
Here is a cheap under hood storage at Walmart.

Box zps8c8c5562

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Snapware-Heav ... 6/26441686

Model No.: 1111986
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 15.5 x 11.5 x 5.63
Walmart No.: 551212496

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Yes, definitely a good storage box. I'm currently using a Stanley tool box from Walmart, but have out grown it already.
I recently picked up a small 12 volt compressor, but found that it's slightly too big for the box.
Thanks for posting this up!

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I picked up one at Wally World today. Looks exactly the same but is too tall. Don't get the 9" tall one. I'll try again. Nice box.

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
b4hntn said:
I picked up one at Wally World today. Looks exactly the same but is too tall. Don't get the 9" tall one. I'll try again. Nice box.
Walmart No.: 551212496 Hope this helps.

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
It even matches your paint scheme. Do they sell a camo box?

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Do you fasten it down somehow spit dosent move around ?

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
Elkhunter said:
Do you fasten it down somehow spit dosent move around ?
It seems to fit tightly, the hood seems to hold it in place. If I need to I will use a buggy cord.

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
im really hopeing that someone comes out with a front rack. ive seen them for other sbs's where they detach from the top fairly quick to fold down to access under the hood. I have a kolpin dry box on my atv that I would really like to mount on a front rack.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I went back and found a 6" high one under the others and it fits.

Attachments

• SAM_0625.JPG
    SAM_0625.JPG
    410.3 KB · Views: 920
zrxrob

zrxrob

Sep 5, 2014
I'll be at Wal-Mart tomorrow! Thanks for the info

zrxrob

zrxrob

Sep 5, 2014
Couldn't find that exact box but found a clear sterilite box with the same dimensions for $6

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
sksshooter said:
im really hopeing that someone comes out with a front rack. ive seen them for other sbs's where they detach from the top fairly quick to fold down to access under the hood. I have a kolpin dry box on my atv that I would really like to mount on a front rack.

They do make one, looks cool too I think. - http://fuse-powersports.com/products-pa ... -rack-kit/

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I like that front rack and have seen it before. I was hoping it would holds more weight 80lbs is it. There has to be a way to brace it better and be able to hold more weight. Maybe go through the plastic and make a brace from frame to under rack or go from the hinge point from where to connects to rack and do a brace higher up on roll bar. Cause nothing is holding it in place very good. That bar from roll bar to rack is going to be the weak point. It's a good start but i think it needs to be improved.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I think if it connected at the roll bar then followed the body line on the fender and tied into the front bumper (similar to an exo-cage)it would be plenty strong enough for more than 80 lbs. Might have to break out the welder...

That one you posted looks like it would be stronger. Too bad there's not a full picture of it installed

J

JasonS

Jun 18, 2015
I found the attached soft tool bag at Menards and it's a perfect fit. Pls see pic.

Attachments

• Underhood Storage.jpg
    Underhood Storage.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 561

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!