BOX1

Weld Splatter Safety Issue!!!!!!!

W

waco

Jul 25, 2014
Utah
I recently purchased a 2014 honda pioneer 700-4. I got the machine home and notice a lot of weld splatter all over the machine, through further investigation the welds are sub par through out the whole machine. The local dealer even agreed that the welds are some what suspect, so the western U.S. Honda rep looked at the machine and said " American honda will not do anything about the weld splatter issue". American honda is turning their head on very serious safety issue. People check your machines and we will take a stand on a real serious safety issue.
I will post pix as soon as possible. NOT HAPPY WITH HONDA!!!!!!!!!
waco
Power Wheel

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has beautiful welds. Please send detailed pictures.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Waco,

I'm really sorry to hear of your weld issues. It would be very helpful to not only supply pictures, but also describe where and how the weld splatter created safety issues. After inspecting my machine this morning, I noticed only one or two welds with small voids (hard to tell due to powder coating). I found some splatter on outrigger frame welds, but very little. There was one post related to bad / poor welds on the receiver hitch - it broke off when using a rear plow. Other than the one hitch weld report, I don't recall anyone else reporting bad welds? I also looked for any cracking of the powder coated welds joints or signs of movement on the frame welds of my Pioneer; I've had my Pioneer is some really tough spots with 2 wheels off the ground and a lot frame torqueing situations riding at Moab. I'm not saying your machine doesn't have weld issues, but if all Pioneers welds were as bad as you described, I would have expected to see a lot more reports of weld failures by now? It's possible one of the welding machines / welders on the production line was having a bad day, or this could be a more systemic issue with quality control at Honda?

Please keep us informed as to how things progress.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is it safe to say there was a troll on this site? Months have passed and he has yet to provide proof to his claims.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what it appears to be, he has not posted since. He has had the opportunity to.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hahaha, He must work for ESPN.

N

ninjafreek

Jul 16, 2014
I have seen several that had this issue, A safety issue??? I doubt, but the weld quality is not what it use to be for sure.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Splatter could be cleaned up, but the welds themselves are fine. Cosmetic detail caused by robo-welding, does the splatter bother me, yes. Do I worry about weakness not at all.

But if I had engineered it there'd be a V8 in there .... and it'd cost more than a luxury sedan. I would end with a 4 seat 4x4 sand rail with a dump bed, not a SxS.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just can't wait to see a 2015 model. It will be interesting to see what if any improvements they have made. I'm sure they have some of the bugs worked out by now.

W

waco

Jul 25, 2014
Utah
Sorry it has taken such a long time to reply to my post. First, I thank all you honda fans for the help and support. To make a long story short honda Replaced my roll cage on my pioneer and pulled all the inventory that had weld splatter..
A gentleman named Randy at American Honda is a total stud, he was a big help in fixing my pioneer. I'm planning to buy my second Honda sxs (P500) and the only reason is that honda stands behind their products. As of the Utah regional rep (ZAC) he needs to find a new line of work. Guys like Zac give honda a bad name and reputation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the posts and always RIDE RED!!!!!
WACO
Pioneer 700
Pioneer 500

W

waco

Jul 25, 2014
Utah
Sorry it has taken such a long time to reply to my post. First, I thank all you honda fans for the help and support. To make a long story short honda Replaced my roll cage on my pioneer and pulled all the inventory that had weld splatter..
A gentleman named Randy at American Honda is a total stud, he was a big help in fixing my pioneer. I'm planning to buy my second Honda sxs (P500) and the only reason is that honda stands behind their products. As of the Utah regional rep (ZAC) he needs to find a new line of work. Guys like Zac give honda a bad name and reputation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the posts and always RIDE RED!!!!!
WACO
Pioneer 700
Pioneer 500
waco
Power Wheel

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Waco, can we get some of the pictures you sent to Honda of the welds that caused Honda to replace your ROPS?

That sounds far more significant than "splatter".

Sounds like missing, cracked or incomplete welds.

Splatter wouldn't weaken a good weld, it would just be a cosmetic issue.

W

waco

Jul 25, 2014
Utah
Ohannacreek- Honda took my machine for two months so they could research the safety issue. I don't have any picture or the old Roll cage. Honda did a big "shake down" on the Quality Control. honda did their part, so a big thanks to honda!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great to here they got you taken care of...
Thanks for the update.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!