Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So i just bought a new set of IPT SD Beadlocks and mounted them. I installed them and torqued to 98ftlbs. Then i rode around the neighborhood for a few miles and torqued again. Well, after loading up and getting about ten miles down the trail, the driver rear tire passes me while we are running about 40mph. I found the tire and robbed one lug a piece from the other wheels to put it back on. Note that the other three wheels were all loose too, just not as bad. The rear wheel is toast, but we manage to get it on just to try and make it back to the truck. I used a 12 inch crescent wrench to tighten all the lugs this time on the trail. We didn't make it two miles before the rear was about to fall off again. Anyway i am waiting till tomorrow to start making calls but I'm sure somehow its going to be my fault. Its probably going to set me back a wheel, a rear hub, lug nuts, and some studs. Any advice?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Westtn. Sorry to here about your troubles. I have been there before. Somehow we got lucky and found 3 of the 4 lugs.
I think you need to take a look st the wheels to make sure the bevel is correct. But it could be a few other things. Secondly, not sure how many people use a torque wrench. Just get them good and tight.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you get anywhere with this?

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Rocky mountain sent me one new wheel and stated that the lug nuts are correct but they wanted to help me help and keep good customer relations. ITP didn't have to do anything and they said that they would send me one wheel and the correct ITP brand lug nuts.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh awesome! I hope the new ones stay on better.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dude. RM is the best. I have always had great service from them. I am ecstatic they took care of you. I'm sure you are a RM shopper for life now.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!