2015 New UTV models

C

clarks

Nov 6, 2013
I was at my local Honda dealer yesterday (Phx, AZ) & spoke to the owner/mgr. He said his rep told him Honda is coming out with 3 new models in the near future. He thinks they should all be announced by end of yr but may filter into next yr. One model he said will be announced in the next 3 weeks; by mid May.

I also asked why Honda hasn't ramped up production on these Pioneer's to keep up with demand & he said he suspects it has to do with having enough capacity for these new models coming out.

I did ask about a sport model being in the future. He confirmed that one is on the way but doesn't know when. He assumed it would be one of these 3 new models but didn't know for sure.

Gossip info for what its worth.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I was told May also. But I was also told there wouldn't be a 1000cc sport because Honda couldn't build a 1000cc for $20k which I thought was a little ridiculous.
I look for Yamaha and Honda to come out with a 800cc sport to compete against the Rzr 800s. Which still puts both companies behind. You'd think they would be all over it considering how much Polaris is taking away from Honda.

B

bleed

Apr 25, 2014
Are we saying on sale in May? Or a possible announcement in May that a new SXS will be out in November?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
bleed said:
Are we saying on sale in May? Or a possible announcement in May that a new SXS will be out in November?
It is exciting to see but currently all we have are dealer rumors to go on.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd really like to see a 50" like the RZR, but more along utility lines...think 50" Pioneer. Polaris supposedly has a patent on the engine behind the seats, which seems like the only way to really do a 50"er without being too tipsy. IMO, this patent will never stand up to legal scrutiny since a number off road vehicles have already done this...like the original Odessey.

Arctic cat seems to agree since they produced the wildcat trail...and POLARIS promptly filed suit. We may have to see the outcome of that before more 50"ers show up, but i cant imagine AC's laywers werent consulted before they did the trail.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
I have heard the same thing a month or two ago. but still havent heard anything yet. If THIS IS TRUE Honda could atleast release a teaser pic of a head light or something. well if anybody hears the slightest news let us know.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw a video on Facebook someone else posted of what looked to be a smaller Honda sxs of some sort under a Honda cover, but I can't get the link to work to post here. It's on UTVplanets Facebook page though.

D

Dannyo

Apr 21, 2014
it does appear smaller but the covers say pioneer??????

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
anybody want to guess what it says on the hood of this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-15-20-00-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-15-20-00-19.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,090
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
spifyd said:
http://www.utvplanet.ca/articles/honda-pioneer-500-2015.html
Its here. Intereting.
Yep... not sure what to think.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I like the ES trans. The mind less belt drive people will hate it. Will be nice to control gear changes and rpms. Needs more wheel travel. No diff lock I'm good with that.
Strange looking, will have to see one in person. 500 cc doesnt strike me as enough for a 1000 pound bike with two 250 pound riders. The rear rack will work but it looks like they mounted two seats on a four wheeler.

Honda has a 1200 cc V4 with a 6 speed twin clutch automatic. That would be nice in a sxs 120 hp

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
spifyd said:
I like the ES trans. The mind less belt drive people will hate it. Will be nice to control gear changes and rpms. Needs more wheel travel. No diff lock I'm good with that.
Strange looking, will have to see one in person. 500 cc doesnt strike me as enough for a 1000 pound bike with two 250 pound riders. The rear rack will work but it looks like they mounted two seats on a four wheeler.

Honda has a 1200 cc V4 with a 6 speed twin clutch automatic. That would be nice in a sxs 120 hp

Rather have the 1800 from the Goldwing.

S

ScottBennett

May 18, 2014
I am new to this board. But certainly not new to atv,utv, etc....however, I am also "on the fence" whether I need to pull the trigger on a Pioneer or wait until the 2015 models are revealed.....

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
ScottBennett said:
I am new to this board. But certainly not new to atv,utv, etc....however, I am also "on the fence" whether I need to pull the trigger on a Pioneer or wait until the 2015 models are revealed.....
A this point you're better off just waiting to see. If you want a P4, you might not be able to just walk in and get one anyway. Still waiting lists at many dealers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!