admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Well...
Honda just announced a new 4 seat'er SXS... Honda's All New 2014, Four Passenger SXS - The Pioneer 700-4 http://hondasxs.com/pioneer-700-f4/
But...
We will take it for now.
Still awaiting the Honda Sport SXS that the HSC workers have been talking about...
I can wait.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
So is there a chance that Honda will release a Sport SxS this summer? I'm holding off on buying the BigRed and will get the Pioneer 700, if that's what is available at the time. Would rather buy a sport version depending on how it's equipped.

I think that it'd be great to have a multiple cylinder 900 to 1000 cc model to compete with the Polaris Rzr or Kawasaki Teryx.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We would like to say it will be here in time for summer... But from what my Honda rep says it will late Q3 or Q4 before it is seen at the dealers.
I too sit and await the sport version as it is on my Christmas list. Going to be some exciting times to see what Honda brings to the table.

Once we have word a dealer has one we will post it along with pictures and details.
Thanks.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Think that there's any chance of a change in the engine or drive train of this proposed new sport model?

I've got to think that an higher output engine would really shake up the SxS world!

R

Rinconman

Mar 7, 2013
4sure.... Its going to be bad ass. I am going to get my name on the list as soon as its announced.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Impatiently waiting on developing news........

What's the scoop....any details on the Pioneer 700, and or it's possible sibling Sport SxS ????

The checkbook is Waiting!

R

Rinconman

Mar 7, 2013
I second that...
Was in my local dealer getting some oil the other day and they said to expect the Pioneer Summer/Fall...
But they did not have a idea on what else Honda would put out...
I'm not interested in the pioneere 700-4...
I want a sport version. something like a 850cc would be a good start.
Now... I too would get my check book out for that. lol.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Went to my local Honda dealer inquiring about the Pioneer. He looked up on his scheduling database and showed me that they can be ordered as early as June 1. Coincidentally, May is the last month that the Big Red can be ordered.

Not sure if it's just his dealership, or nationwide, but it looks like the transition will soon begin.

K

Kenny

May 11, 2013
Reading these replies, I sit here and LAUGH!!! Compete with what?.... a snail. I "Was" all Honda, but then I opened my eyes, and never looked back. ATV Torque sensing front diff, So sensitive it sits there and pouts turning your 4x3 into a 4x2, the pouting done by the one tire with traction, it does "Nothing" but sit there. Very sensitive it is.

Big CC Horsepower wars going on, Honda is right there though holding up the bottom. No worries Honda will always be the least powered machine out there. It took them 10 plus years to add a locker, not to the needed ATV's, but a side bye. I guess this new 4 seater is gonna have the drum brakes also.

Open you're eyes people $11,699 for a Big Red, what's this conversion going to cost? $14,000-$15,000??? Get a CANAM, Arctic-Cat, CANAM, Kawasaki, CANAM, Yamaha, Polaris, or a CANAM

I bought a new 2006 Honda Rincon and had it for 2 years, I thought it was the King of any hill, my eyes were then opened. I went to the darkside, not Polaris, but CanAM.

I guess a reason I still get these SPAM mails from Honda sites as I "was" at one time born yesterday and bought a Honda, the leader of the bottom...

44mag

44mag

Jun 9, 2013
Yall really think Honda is going to produce a bad ass sport sxs.
Well I'm not holding my breath for too long.
I do see them coming out with a sport version but nothing to change the game.
Whatever Yamaha puts out this week you can sure bet Honda will put out something similar.

B

Bigocdt74

Jun 13, 2013
As a big Honda fan I want a sxs but no much of a farming style guy! I want sport only thing I like is the rzr over the maverick or any other ones! Honda needs something bad! It's time to put down ur purse and build something! Surely they have taken all the info on the rzr and are coming up with something soon!

atvsnowman

atvsnowman

Mar 28, 2013
I agree... Dont really need a 4 seater or a utility. I want something to haul some beer and get stuck in the mud. Also think that both Honda and Yamaha have had enough time to produce something more sports centered. I do think Honda has something, just waiting on them to release it. I dont think it will be this year as it is about out of time to release the 14's. maybe we will see a 2015 Pioneer Sport 900 twin.

N

nutmeg

Jun 15, 2013
oh boy... i hope honda is really working on something....

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
That Timmonsville plant was built for far more than just the Pioneer line, though that is the only one I want. When Honda makes a sport utv it will not be a copy of what everyone else thinks is cool. It won't be easy to explain, it won't win (or lose) any shootout comparisons and every person that buys one will know it was the best decision they ever could have made...that is pretty much the definition of Honda.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I recently saw a you tube video of the new 1000 Rzr being promoted with individuals test riding them. Of course, all the machines were new and everyone had enthusiasm from the rip roaring ride, but these rides took place out in some sand dunes. One individual even bragged about going over 60 mph.
Let em try that in hard packed dirt through a forested area.
There are just some things that people learn from and grow out of. The smart people learn and live and the not so smart....well...y'all know what happens.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There will always be a bigger and badder "thing" out there... but my Pioneer saved me 10k and will outlast your big bad buggy anyday. Sure you can out run me. But lets see who makes it back to the truck..... My Honda will no question.

R

Ridered

Oct 3, 2013
In many ways i feel Kenny is right.That said I still love HONDA products.
HONDA can leap ahead of the pack its been done before. Remember the Pilot, not the SUV.
The beast feature of most of the current crop of red machines is reliability. My Rubicon had features that were running 6 years behind all the other manufactures. That said the only problems i ever had happened when I rolled it! All the grizzlies I rode with had issues.
I loved not having a belt but i was always the slowest quad out there.
Now I have a KFX400 (was WAY cheaper used than a TRX450 at the time) but I find I always have to replace/adjust something every time I ride it.

R

Ridered

Oct 3, 2013
Hey HONDA Im still waiting............

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!