battery relocation

1trkyhntr

Aug 5, 2014
I have been searching everywhere to see if anyone has upgraded and relocated there battery to under the hood. if so I would like to see pics. if this is even possible. just have been wondering about this.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Someone had just posted in another thread that they used an ammo can and put it under the hood. But it was in a P5 and there were no pictures

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Several people have relocated the battery to under the hood. Using a varied assortment of materials as a battery holder. You can do a single battery setup using a larger capacity battery (2015 Goldwing is a close fit and larger capacity 18ahr, over stock pioneer battery 12ahr)or you can install a dual battery setup, where you pick two batteries, which are generally recommended to be the same for longevity reasons. That has an automatic isolator a manual switch.

There is also the option of installing it/them under the drivers seat. Which frees up the space under the hood for storage/heater/power steering/3rd battery. You can stuff up to a 75ahr battery under there. I have an 55ahr Optima under mine because I killed the factory battery winching.

::Edited for specifics and spelling::

1trkyhntr

Aug 5, 2014
thank for the replys. im wanting to put some accessories on and figured a bigger battery would help.

B

big31moe

Jul 28, 2014
I added a gold wing battery under the drivers seat and kept the original equip battery is stock location. This makes the use of the winch much easier and cold starts are much quicker.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I used the Red Mountain kit. It worked well although i had to do a little trimming, but having a larger battery was a must.

1trkyhntr

Aug 5, 2014
would like to see some picture please.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check out red mountains page (link on ohanacreeks post) there are pictures of the battery relocation. Looks like what you need

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks TFlynn, turkey hunter if you have any questions just PM me

motorcikle

motorcikle

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2014
I used the Red Mountain kit, piece of cake to install, now I have a full size Optima Yellow top under the seat.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!