bumper mod

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
wanted to spruce up the bumper a bit. I kinda like it.

Attachments

• small.png
    small.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 917
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I like the little turn signal lights as well. Do you have signal lights and if so did you buy a kit or your own fabrications.

Finkleshtine

Finkleshtine

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2014
Windsor, CA
That's sweet, Very nice job! It adds just enough to stand out, but still looks factory!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
made my own turn signals. those are led marker lights set of ten on eBay pretty cheep they go in a 3/4 hole.
a 3 way switch on the dash. and a 9 dollar heavy-duty led flasher from advanced auto parts.
all very simple. I found last summer I spent a lot of time running around town and it was a pain in the a## zipping down the window and sticking my arm out at traffic light.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
spifyd said:
made my own turn signals. those are led marker lights set of ten on eBay pretty cheep they go in a 3/4 hole.
a 3 way switch on the dash. and a 9 dollar heavy-duty led flasher from advanced auto parts.
all very simple. I found last summer I spent a lot of time running around town and it was a pain in the a## zipping down the window and sticking my arm out at traffic light.
Nice I'll have to try it again.I tried in the summer using led clearance lights and a turn signal switch from a big truck and used a led flasher but for some reason I couldn't get it to flash. The lights would just stay on and not flash so not sure what I was doing wrong. Kinda lost interest in making them untill I saw yours ,now its got my interest sparked to try again.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like it someone finally showed some initiative.
I was doing nothing more than thinking about doing something to make the factory bumper a bit more effective at being a bumper and looking more aggressive. Haven't figured it out for myself yet though.

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
spifyd, Did you run turn signals to the rear? If so, could you post pics of that? What kind of switch did you use?

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
yes both front and rear I used a duel poll double though switch. I made a wiring diagram its on my work computer. I will post it tomorrow when I return to work.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
you can see the rears here same 1" marker lights.

Attachments

• turbo 3.png
    turbo 3.png
    940.5 KB · Views: 660
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spifyd, can you take some close ups of that rear winch???

I like that... Translation, I am going to copy you at some point.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
here ya go. i had them from when I put it on. its just bolted to the p4 roll cage mounts.

Attachments

• rear wintch 1.jpg
    rear wintch 1.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 443
  • rear wintch 2.jpg
    rear wintch 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 434
jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
I like that. I think I am going to borrow your idea. What gauge wire did you run for those?

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
don't really know what ever came with the winch. the axillary battery is right in front of it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
spifyd said:
don't really know what ever came with the winch. the axillary battery is right in front of it.

Most come with @8-10' of 4ga.

Any longer and you might need a larger wire, it depends on the amp draw of the winch. I wouldn't go any smaller though they have a fairly high amp draw.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Stick to standard. It's no longer maybe even shorter to wire it to the back vs front.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the rear mounted winch. I just bought another one to do the same thing. Do you have clearance issues with the dump bed?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
What kind of shocks are you running? How do you like them? Your rig looks awesome!

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Spifyd, very nice set up on both. That bumper mod seem like the ticket for heavier brush riding. The longer I ride the more I want to add signals. I get out on the country roads around here and my concern with hand signaling is many of today's drivers think your waving to them. I also have problems with autos getting right on my arss. Are those signals bright enough to get the attention of followers so they are clear on your intention for direction.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
the lights are plenty bright. I probably could of used just one on each corner. I put them on for the same reason plus its to much work to zip down the window at every intersection.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!