Changing a 700 P 2 too a P 4

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Been tossing the idea of changing my P 2 over sort of to a P 4 . Just wondering what it would cost me to do the mod. I'd bassically need the complete box and rear seats plus rear roll bar. I know should have bought the P 4 just didn't think that I needed one. But now after having the P 2 and been on a few rides where it would be nice to have extra room for grand kids etc: I have my P 2 set up the way I want it and to have to do it all over with a new P 4 is more work then what I want to do. So thinking that if I could price out the rear stuff that is needed and if its not too far out of line $$ wise it might be the better thing for me to do.Ideally it would be nice to find a salvaged one and buy what I need off one. Other wise I'll have to get prices from some where to see what the cost would be. Of course shipping would have to be factored in as well. Think maybe in the new year I'll have to start checking things out and get started. :lol:

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It can defiantly be done. But I think the cost will outweigh the need. Yet, seeing all your mods u have, it may be equal bothersome thus worth it to do the conversation vs trading for a P4.

We will see if a a conversation list can be put together.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Its something I'am tossing around .Here's another thing I've been thinking that might be a far cheaper and simpler thing to do. Is make a trailer with suspension. Sure they won't be in the Pioneer but they'll still beable to come along for a ride. I could also make it with a ROPS and seat belts etc: Make it track the Pioneer and give it a bit more ground clearance then the Pioneer so that it won't have to be dragged through any low spots etc: of course some sort of windshield [protect from flying stones] maybe a roof [sun shade] rain protection maybe even roll down sides in case its rainy .Make it a bit longer to beable to put picnic baskets etc in the back .I don't know I thinks i'am getting carried away with my create tivity LOL . I know it won't be the same a riding in the Pioneer but it'll still be fun for them I hope. Anyway some stuff to think about.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, I'm sure you could build a nice wagon for a fraction the cost of converting.

I only looked at 2 items. So far total is $1000+ US.
Bed Frame for P4 is $618.84 US
Folding part of seat (need 2) $368.44 US

Looking deeper, I wish to recant my statement on the above post.
I dont think it can be done. lol.
As I notice there is a $1000 price difference between the P2 and P4 main frame.
So.. Something major is there beyond the extended railing.

240tt

Mar 11, 2014
Do the old fashion bench 2 seat kit and mount in bed with pins so can be removed if need to haul something and aftermarket or custom add on rear roll cage.
Why wouldn't you just sell the P2 with all the accessories and start over new with P4 though. I would think you P2 would be in high demand

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
ohanacreek said:
SLOW, Build a skid that you can slide into this and you could theoretically give them everything but a heater.
I'm sure you could build something similar. You are probably one of the more wrench savvy members.

Been tossing around something just haven't wrapped my head around it quite yet. I've been thinking of making sort of a trailer that would be like a tow behind tow truck/recovery trailer. I do some club rides and lots of our own and have had to tow a few different machines. Towed side x sides ,quads and even a dirt bike. So I've been thinking of making some sort of minature tow truck trailer thing. So If I do make one I'll have to try and see if I can use it for taking the Grandkids out in as well. Kinda a two or four wheeled axle multipurpose tow behind trailer that can be used for one or the other. Just need to put some idea's together.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I made a camping trailer for the pioneer it has 9 inches of travel and rides on air bags rides really good. that would work nice for your grand childrens trailer. it uses half leafs for arms and the side effect of that is if it starts to roll over the axle turns to swerve back under the trailer. I have had it on some really bad trails and it just stay behind me. the trailer wait is 700 and 200 of it is the fold out platform for the tent and is up high.
I built a trailer for my Nabors kids years ago with the same type suspension. that one I used half leaf and the springs were the spring. if that make sense. that one had a side car body on it it even floated if you got really deep in the water.

I have been thinking about the same thing I have 5 grandkids I will either add rear seats and roll cage (rhino kits have been out there for years) or just buy another bike so there parents can go to. for now I added a center seat belt.
if I install rear seats I will make the whole cage and lower the roof at the same time.

Attachments

• air ride.jpg
    air ride.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 354
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
That looks like a pretty cool trailer undercarriage . I'am still thinking but what I've come up so far is something that's sort of going to look like a [rickshaw] with a linkage mounted on the back that will be a small version of the tow truck arms etc:. Still haven't quite put it all together yet in my mind. Going to use some coil springs for suspension of the seating area. The tow truck part will just be mounted to the axle independently of the seating part. This way the weight of anything being towed won't affect the suspension part of the seats.Or hopefully this what it will work like. More then likely this won't get started untill the new year.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!