BOX1

Custom Switch Panel

K

Kyhondarider

Mar 1, 2015
I actually do have one question. Where would you be getting ground for each accessory? Do you recommend finding separate locations on the frame for each device or should I use a bussed ground near my fuse panel to simplify wiring by running everything in one location?

Reactions: pioneerguy700
K

Kyhondarider

Mar 1, 2015
Also, waytekwire is telling me I have to purchase a minimum of 25 on some of the parts listed. I only need one of the 38202 and 38201. I'll have to call them I guess and see if I can put in a custom order

K

Kyhondarider

Mar 1, 2015
Looks like this isn't an option without spending $500 just in the connectors, not including the fuse panel and relays and switches. Wish you had extras to ship to me. Tried ordering just what I needed plus a few extra and the minimums for the connectors wouldn't allow small purchases. Bought a fuse panel with relays at the junk yard from a 2002 Nissan Altima today and I'll fabricate it to integrate it with my aux and ignition switched accessories. Thanks for all your help. This definitely isn't as clean of an install as I hoped but the limited space requires the smallest fuse panel I can find. I'll post pics when I get finished

K

Kyhondarider

Mar 1, 2015
Wow, nevermind. I've found them on other websites to purchase in packs of 10 and 15. Looks like I wasted a little bit of money on the Nissan fuse panel but will be much cleaner this way

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am not the greatest electrician in the world. It took me quite a while to get the guts to cut into my dash and install my RMP switch plate and a couple accessories.
First off, thanks to Ohanacreek (specifically) and everyone else that has posted on their Pioneer projects. I tried to follow your advice and learn from you.
My switch plate is done. I added left and right led turn signals, led lights front and rear, winch, and stereo. I have open spots for 2 other accessories.
Here are a few pics. I wired the turn signal leds with weather proof connectors. They can be easily disconnected if I want to remove the roof. All my connections were soldered when I could do it without melting the crap out of the insulation. I liquid taped and heat shrank everything also.
I used a Blue Seas System fuse block. It looks like a rat's nest right now. I'll snap some pics once it gets cleaned up.
This was one heck of a learning experience. 342efae30b10c05cfed2f85f3eedb4d7

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436562996400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436562996400.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436563015762.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436563015762.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 333
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436563030458.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436563030458.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 357
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!