Electric Power Steering Kit Now Available!

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thats the case with mine from last week. The item has a shipping label but ups hasn't received it yet for shipment.

P

pioneerlynn

May 17, 2014
Nice. I wonder if they will make one for the 500. I'm sure it will not need one but if it will ease my arms on long trips it will be worth it.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
Well here it goes. I recived it yesterday afternoon and started the install as soon as i got home (4:00pm). I had not taken anything apart yet and as far as the fender and stuff go. That part took the longest. I said before that i'm no mechanic but it think it went very well. the only tool that i did not have was snap ring pliers. Ran to the local auto parts and they had one. The only thing that i seen that i did not care for is that the spring for the brake is touching the unit. Does not seem to hurt nothing but it is touching. Got in the house at 9:15pm and it was installed and put back together. I took it for a little ride and it does work. I would say it works very well and the install is not bad if i can do it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty good closed box start to riding finish ESPECIALLY with a trip to the store thrown in, parts/tool runs always slow me down when they happen.

I'm ordering my tires this week so I will be ordering the power steering soon as well.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Good to hear that its a fairly easy install.I'am sure the more you drive with it the more you'll enjoy the ease of steering.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
Im not saying i did not say some bad words and bleed a little but hell i can do that on the couch... I would say it was a pretty easy install.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As soon as i finish my homework today I'm going to start on mine. Has anyone started a write up yet? I was asked too, but if someone else has done it i'll just go ahead and install mine without taking pictures and such since i'm pressed for time.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got the install done today. it took roughly an hour and forty five minutes. very minimal hand tools and i didn't go with the instructions. Mine just barely touches the spring, but the only real concern i had was the top drive shaft was actually too long for my machine to put the snap ring back in the groove. I'm going to contact superatv tomorrow about the issue and just keep an eye on it. I must say it is very nice to have and now i can trial ride and drink frosty adult beverages at the same time.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It helped out quite a bit. No more two hands forcing the wheel, of course it didn't help it getting flipped over on its top on the test ride afterwords. Now I have to get a new front bumper or fab one up. It's never ending.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What.. lol. Do tell more.
Get any pics of that?

The PS making you more brave huh? Lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well Folks,
Many of us, including my self, have said the Pioneer 700 does not need power steering. Fact is... Until you drive one you really have no clue what you are missing. I do still state that under most conditions the Pioneer can be fairly easily steered without PS. Dealing with bump steer can be overlooked but try putting the Pioneer in Diff lock and you can forget it.

This past weekend I met up with a guy and his wife at Carolina Adventure World, SC. He drove a Red P700-2 with the EZ-Steer kit installed. He said "take it for a spin" WHY SURE... I jumped on it and down the trail I went. WOW!... I could literally steer it whit my pinkie, while holding a "beverage" in that same hand. Though that was impressive its self, what really won me over was the elimination of bump steer. It was gone. Finally I put it in 4x4 then diff lock... Oh ya. I know what is on my Christmas list.

Thank you to the rider and his wife for letting me drive his Pioneer.

Some things one must consider.
  • When in diff lock the Pioneer refuses to allow steer in most cases. I question the strain this applies to the kit, rack and pinion system. Is the OEM and PS system capable of handling the strain from the overpowered push? One would need to learn when the Pioneer is in such a situation and insure they do not over strain it.
  • What happens if it fails? Will you still be able to steer?

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpg
    IMG_4472.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_4473.jpg
    IMG_4473.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_4474.jpg
    IMG_4474.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_4475.jpg
    IMG_4475.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_4478.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 472
B

Brskinner

Sep 1, 2014
fenton,mi
Ownership

1. 700-4
ok maybe i missed it , what is the cost and approx time to install it
any snags i should be aware of
thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who knows what heater will fit with this kit?

I've looked at a couple but they all look like they would interfere with each other. Anyone have both mounted?

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
I have a dealer installed heater, and a dealer installed aftermarket power steering kit. Diamond State Powersports in Dover Delaware installed the PS kit. charged $250 and said it was a challange (used another word) to get it in with the heater, but they got it in and with 28x14's it steers with ease. I will take pics if you like or you can call the and ask for Mike in service, I also had the skid plate changed and a hard top added. Got PS from super ATV.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Beacheagle70 said:
I have a dealer installed heater, and a dealer installed aftermarket power steering kit. Diamond State Powersports in Dover Delaware installed the PS kit. charged $250 and said it was a challange (used another word) to get it in with the heater, but they got it in and with 28x14's it steers with ease. I will take pics if you like or you can call the and ask for Mike in service, I also had the skid plate changed and a hard top added. Got PS from super ATV.

Yes it is a PITA to get them both in, ended up taking my EPS out because the only way I could get it to fit with the included brackets it rubbed a hole in the bottom of my heater housing.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
put a piece of rubber between them and let it rub. I wouldn't take the eps out I would take the heater out.lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im going to make a better (made to fit) bracket that will let me mount both when I have time. I don't think anything else would fit it was wedged between the cross braces. It was tight. Might try to modify the heater core box so that its smaller. Still takes time and I don't have it right now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!