BOX1

front skid plate

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
last summer I left the plow frame on. it turned out to be a grate skid plate. the fist few times we hit it so hard we got out to see what was destroyed. never any damage. by the end of the summer we never even looked any more. so even though the Honda plow frame wasn't strong enough to plow any real amout of snow it did make a good skid plate. this winter I had to add arms to go back to the bike frame to plow with it without it bending. so now the heavy frame is even heavier and looses 1.5 inches of ground clearance.
I decided to make a aluminum skid plate that would protect the nose with 1/2 the weight.

Attachments

• skid plate.jpg
    skid plate.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 304
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: frount skid plate

That is a well needed upgrade. The factory bash plate might as well just been made of cardboard. I did major damage to mine and even after replacing it I managed to rip the EMP aftermarket bash plate off last Summer. I have the RMP skid now with front bash. Going to give it Hell come spring... see how it holds.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Spifyd, you'll need to cut those a arm guards. They will cause a loss of brakes when the suspension fully travels. It will push the caliber and then the next time you push the brake pedal it will go to the floor.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!