Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
October 2014 - Honda has updated the heater to make it more efficient. They now include a "Repair Kit" Part #0SE01-HL3-201. This allows the lines to take a different route then the original plans. Contact your dealer for the Repair Kit 0SE01-HL3-201 if you wish to give it a try!

- 4 closable vents (2 dash, 2 floor) for driver/passenger adjustability.
- 3 position rocker switch.
- Custom fit to your Pioneer.
- Kit includes all mounting brackets and hardware.
- Requires installation of accessory Switch Plate/ Volt Meter/ Wire Harness.

Attachments

• 0SE01-HL3-101.jpg
    0SE01-HL3-101.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,544
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Thanks for posting this information. I already figured out I needed to do something and I insulated my hoses. If that doesn't fix it I'll reroute my hoses per the updated information. It seemed to help last weekend but wasn't real cold.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
it looks like Honda has been reading the heater post.
Lynn just move the hoses no need to insulate. the way Honda had it it would never work. we did this 10 moths ago.
with the hoses Hondas new way you always get hot water from the oil cooler and the engine.
hooked to the radiator hoses you only get heat when the thermostat is open and that's only if it was easer to go though the heater than the radiator . its not.

if you move the hoses the heater can drive you out of the cab if you want. we spend half of the time with the windows open.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had my doors on for the first time with the heater OFF and just the extra heat being pushed through was enough to drive us out in 30 degree weather. I almost don't need the heater. We will see when it gets and stays cold later this winter.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I stopped by the dealer today and they didn't even know anything about this kit, Had them check the price. Guess what it's 93.95 for 20 wire ties-2 hoses one 84" and the other 87"-5 hose sheath and one clamp. It should be FREE if you already bought the heater. They are the ones that designed it wrong. Think I'll call Honda and see just what they have to say.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Guess what all? My dealer called me this afternoon and said that Honda is going to pay for the update kit and pay them to install it on my Pioneer. Said they will let me know just as soon as they get the update hose kit in. How cool is that?

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Checked with my dealer last Saturday. They have ordered the kit and will install at no charge to me. Honda considers it to be a warranty issue.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Same here and I installed the heater, So I say Thanks Honda for doing the correct thing and making this right.

RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I FINALLY received my heater today and the "repair kit" was NOT included. Grrrr. I ordered this from a reputable dealer on eBay about 2 months ago, but it had just been put on back order as Honda was making these changes. I was okay with the backorder and glad that they were making some changes and that I'd get the improved version. When the news recently came out about what the change actually was, I expected the heater kit to now include this "repair kit" by default. I was surprised today when mine didn't have it. Oh, well. I can't imagine Honda would want customers to receive a new heater without this kit (especially since the installation instructions were updated), so I assume it's simply an oversight somewhere along the way.

I sent the dealer an email that this "repair kit" was missing and asked them to please send it to me asap. I'll also call them tomorrow. I assume they'll see the error and get it right to me. Surely they won't try to charge for it. We shall see. I was hoping to install it this week or weekend in time for being off all week for Thanksgiving. Grrrr. Maybe they'll have it in stock and be able to rush it or something.

D

dwigmore

Nov 21, 2014
Thanks for sharing this solution. I shared this link with my dealer last week, and they hadn't heard anything about it from Honda. They called the factory and found that Honda is going to stand behind it, and pay for the "fix". I'm looking forward to having this fixed - we were out for New Year's day, and it was cold enough that the thermostat didn't want to open.

RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to update my earlier post, but I did receive the additional "repair kit" from the eBay dealer promptly. The installation was straightforward and the heater works great!!

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Took my 700 in today and the updated heater installation is all on them. I had them order the kit 2weeks ago. Yea it's all under warrenty. Thanks Honda.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm taking mine in this Saturday and they are going to change out the hoses.

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
My dealer, Honda Motorsports of Crofton, has the kit and is going to install it under the warranty. Thanks to the forum for the information as Honda did not send out notices like the recall on the skid plate.

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
Does any one have any pictures. Or install instructions.. I have all my parts for the heater I am putting together and would like to see how the OEM says to do it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Last edited by a moderator:
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Where can i buy a new core?? HELP
Why not look around in your area and see if there are any radiator shops, Before all these plastic disposible radiators came into the world, you used to be able to get radiators "recored/ repaired rather inexpensively. or if your able and you know where its leaking from, then bust out your torch and solder and have at it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!