Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WHAT...
A Honda Pioneer with a DIY supercharger/blower!
I do not have any more info then the below video.
Watching it... it does look like it has an accelerated takeoff.
Trying to contact the poster.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: Honda Pioneer 700 with supercharger. DYI.

That oughta solve altitude sickness... And void the warranty.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: Honda Pioneer 700 with supercharger. DYI.

Yep. From the vid, it looks like a good improvement.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Gotta love this, a 3-4 lb boost would be all it needs.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spoke with the poster today. Said from the run test they timed an 8% increase in takeoff speed going short distance and up-hills. This is factory setup with only a muffler tip.
Hoping for more info soon.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I'm guessing some sort of electric fan? I thought it was some sort of engine powered setup till I listened to the audio.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya. Some sort of 12v blower.
Only issue I see is being able to have varying speed with rpm levels. Figured you could install a push button and engage when you need it, may work for a cheap solution.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could have a coil pickup and send that to a speed controller to increase the speed as RPM increases. But I have a feeling it would need to be a heck of a fan for higher RPMs or it might actually restrict airflow if it were placed inline. If it weren't placed inline it'd need to be an even bigger fan to compensate for pressure loss out of the other intake.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya. With some fancy wire'ing and know how I guess you could. Add a high flow filter, muffler, and a FI programmer... Then the Pioneer may turn into a beast.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could always plumb a scuba tank in if you just want a burst of power. Need some sort of pressure reg to keep from blowing the motor. But way cheaper to fill than NOS and less chance of damage, being as it is HIGH pressure air instead of an oxidizer. A big tank would give you 130cf of air at 3000-4500psi when full. Be enough for a quite a few bursts, but not great for long trips. Also take up a lot of bed space and weigh @50-75lbs.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. Finally made good contact with the poster. He is actually a member here and goes by Lynn. Talking with Him, he is experimenting with this DIY modifications that will provide a few pounds of boost allowing the Pioneer to capture a small amount of power and could provide huge results for high elevation riding. He is in the state of Washington and rides at high elevation all the time.

Currently this is considered R&D testing to see what affect this will have. Just a fun project looking for fun results.

Here is video #2.
Supercharger/blower overview.

Big thank you to Lynn for the video.

Reactions: DBD and dieselmax
hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Cool, but wouldn't the added air make the machine run lean. Seems like you would have to have a power commander or get it remapped?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hurld said:
Cool, but wouldn't the added air make the machine run lean. Seems like you would have to have a power commander or get it remapped?
You would assume. He may call that.. "stage 2" lol.
I haven't heard a single word on on the programmer just yet. Not sure me or Lynn would want to be the 1st to try it.
If that small blower can improve it that much... I bet a programmer set up correctly would release a whole new beast.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I haven't noticed any indication of being lean. how long can you be at wide open throttle? I've run it like 46 sec on one steep climb, but turns or obstacles always cause you to have to back off, or you reach the rev limiter. Remember this is switched to be used only when needed and the factory computer seems to adjust to the pressures and demands just fine. Tomorrow I will be doing more testing and expect even more power increases after removing all factory intake components. I'll keep you all informed on HondaSxS.com

Reactions: Tramguage1
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Homemade manometer test.

Found that removing all the factory snorkel including the 90deg end made a huge difference as shown in the manometer results.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Hill Test 1 with blower off. elevation 3500 feet.
Hill Test 2 with blower on. Throttle response is instant. my wife did a good job of demonstrating, don't you think.

Reactions: jakelh
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Wheel Spin Test at 3500 feet elevation. the first time I tried this I got no wheel spin which was more dramatic, but off course the camera wasn't running.

Hill Climb Test at 5500 feet. The footage really doesn't due justice to how steep it is, but the acceleration up the hill was impressive I even had to back off a little because of obstacles on the trail.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Can you take a pic and show us what kind of blower motor you used. I mean to tell you this is getting my blood pumping. I live at 6000 feet and ride above this elevation and have had issues. I need this.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!