Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't know if anyone else has tried to install a electric supercharger in there Pioneer or not. I'd like to hear your feed back. It's been a retaliative low cost project, at least compared to Turbocharging, etc. I'm very pleased with the results and reliability. Thank you for checking it out.
What would happen if I combined this supercharger and a snorkel?

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Well I think a inline supercharger blower motor would help tremendously with a snorkel. After all your increasing the length and bends in the intake system. Anything you can do to increase the air flow will help a lot.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I think a inline supercharger blower motor would help tremendously with a snorkel. After all your increasing the length and bends in the intake system. Anything you can do to increase the air flow will help a lot.
Would the snorkel cut down on the added effect of the blower?

I hope there are alot of pictures from your adventure!!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I added a snorkel and it made no difference in power. I've done speed runs on a marked off area of the driveway and so far everything I've modded has made no change. The pioneer always hits 29 mph on an incline in my drive. The only time it is less is when the motor is cold, it will barely do 28mph until the engine warms up.

So, im guessing the blower would not be reduced from the snorkel if the snorkel makes no noticeable difference in power.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I added a snorkel and it made no difference in power. I've done speed runs on a marked off area of the driveway and so far everything I've modded has made no change. The pioneer always hits 29 mph on an incline in my drive. The only time it is less is when the motor is cold, it will barely do 28mph until the engine warms up.

So, im guessing the blower would not be reduced from the snorkel if the snorkel makes no noticeable difference in power.
Perfect that is Info that I needed!

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any link to a compatible blower fan off E-Bay? Think i'll do this mod in the mean time while I'm waiting for my warranty to run out before I turbo it.

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California

Sorry you haven't gained any noticeable power. I have with the combination of K&N, HMF pipe, and snorkel but my test is at 7000-7800 feet elevation and on long high speed runs continuous speed above 30 mph... I don't think the motor is hurting for air from an idle to 29 mph pulls. I've seen the gain at WOT at speeds above 30 pulling long steep grades compared to stock. I can't remember if you have the air inlet facing forwards to scoop the air... to my memory it was facing towards the back. All my tests are also with the stock 25" tires so it may not be a huge gain to compensate for larger tires or the extra gear/weight people put on their machines. I've tried to keep the added weight to a minimum to ensure more power to weight ratio. I think the blower motor would help at lower speeds and not hinder anything... Just my thoughts and experience.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I may swing my intake facing forward and try it.

As for the power gains, I'm sure the snorkel negated the filter and exhaust mod. Maybe?

Thanks for the idea, I'll swing it around and do another run. Also like you said, I may need to compare at higher speeds to see how much they help. BUT, I don't care much about how fast it goes. I've yet to need the top speed. I NEED the acceleration which is why this one will be sold for the 1000 soon.

Joe

Reactions: Simpleman
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Just a little update on my supercharged 700. I haven't done anything but just use it and enjoy it. It continues to operate just as I had hoped. I did test drive the new 1000 and was impressed and there are some features I really like and others that have to do with accessories that I'm not sure about. But for me the cost of a 1000 with the accessories I have on my 700 is just over the top, like twice the price of my equipped 700. So for me I'm sticking with my 700 for foreseeable future. Maybe Honda will put out a sport version of the 1000 in the future. Here's a photo from last weekends ride. HondaSxS.com is a great site and resource and I appreciate all your posts and comments fellow members.
Pioneer in snow

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Here's an update that is old but I haven't shared it. It shows my intake on the side of the box. It get much cleaner air from the side, not from under the vehicle, it also has some positive pressure at speed. I built some baffles to keep dust out from underneath and direct air from this side intake to the inlet of my blower motor. Thanks for looking , Lynn
DSCN0884
DSCN0885

S

SmokinJoe

Jan 28, 2017
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here is one which will actually produce up to 5 PSI of measured boost, but it is 24 volts.

S

SmokinJoe

Jan 28, 2017
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here is another one. This one and the one above use an actual compressor wheel. They use 24 volts and a high torque motor of some sort. They use a boost gage so the PSI increase is actually measurable. They also claim to have dyno results. I'm just skeptical that a bilge pump motor/fan can produce any actual boost.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!