Welcome to HONDASXS.com. If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

KFI has winch mounting plates!

Accessories and Modifications to your Pioneer. OEM, Aftermarket, or custom made. Tell us about them here.

Re: KFI has winch mounting plates!

Postby Hondasxs » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 am

Foggy. Thanks for the update.
The Honda winch kit comes with longer then normal cables and a clamp to mount the contactor.

But you just saved $200 doing it your way. It was well worth the trouble and time for sure.
HondaSxS.com Community Founder
2014 Pioneer 700-4 Red.
2007 RINCON 680 tan. (the camo washed off)
1993/7 Fourtrx 300 green
Hondasxs
Sport Rider
Sport Rider

Advertisement

Postby foggy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Well, I got it done…..and everything works like it should. Seems like a neat install. I put the hand-held remote "outlet" up on the cowl above the hood. Hope that works out well. I don't; think you could pay me enough to be a full-time UTV tech/mechanic. Too many confined areas and hard to work-around with some of this stuff. Maybe it's just me…..but the guys that engineer this stuff could make things more user friendly.

FOr example. THey gotta know that folks are gonna put a winch no these machines. How about having a "knock-out" location for the hand held remote? It's not rocket surgery. :D

It's not just Honda……sadly, I think they are all the same. Glad I'm past some of the mounting issues. :)
foggy
125cc Rider
125cc Rider

Postby foggy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Hondasxs wrote:Foggy. Thanks for the update.
The Honda winch kit comes with longer then normal cables and a clamp to mount the contactor.

But you just saved $200 doing it your way. It was well worth the trouble and time for sure.

Thanks Hondasas. Glad I saved some bus…..but it sure beat the heck outta my hands…..and I got pretty surly at the end. Some of those areas are hard to work in. The clamp and longer cables would have saved the day IMO. But $200 is a nice savings. Not sure which I would pick if doing it again….lol.

Reaon I did not mount the contractor under the hood was that I am waiting on a heater…..and I was very concerned that the contractor may interfere with the heater install. My luck…..it woulda been in the wrong location. ;)
foggy
125cc Rider
125cc Rider

Postby duwops » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:15 pm

My dealer told me today he is being told mine KFI plate won't be in til mid Dec. I picked up my split windshield,roof and winch today and installed,,yyyeeeee haaaaw
"When you want to know how things really work, study them when they are coming apart"
duwops
125cc Rider
125cc Rider

Postby duwops » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Dealer call today my KFI winch plate is in woohoo! I've not been riding my 700m2 much so now I quess i will have to get busy riding. My plan was to let dealer install winch and mount because the told me it would be better to let them install it hmmm...... Maybe?
"When you want to know how things really work, study them when they are coming apart"
duwops
125cc Rider
125cc Rider

Postby duwops » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Brain fart, plan was to let them install it when taken in for breaking service.
duwops
125cc Rider
125cc Rider

Postby ohanacreek » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Just ordered a KFI plate off amazon, they are back in stock had @20more as of my order.
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda."

2014 Silverado Black
2014 Pioneer 700-4 Black

Red Mountain Products WebPage
ohanacreek
650cc Rider
650cc Rider

Advertisement

Previous

Return to Pioneer 700 Accessories and Modifications