Honda Pioneer 700 Custom Turbo!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
this and 5 other boxes came in today. I think I will be busy the Christmas vacation. hope to have it all worked out buy the first of the year.
I have been working out the details for a couple of months we will see how I did.

Turbo

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: look what i got in the mail today

That, looks like it's gonna be FUN!

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013

is that a wastegate turbo ?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013

it will be interesting to see the install i dont see how it could work without intake and exhaust manifolds but you have a plan or wouldnt have bought it

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

I will be making manifolds'. i am going to hang it off the new exhaust I will be making. I will keep every one posted.im still waiting on a box full of flanges and bend. I am not very patent I will probably end up making them if they don't show up today.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014

A Garrett turbo! Cannot wait to hear the results!!!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

todays progress

turbo mounted

new head pipe mount

Attachments

• muffler.png
    muffler.png
    557.6 KB · Views: 2,542
  • mounted.png
    mounted.png
    1 MB · Views: 2,511
  • head pipe mount.png
    head pipe mount.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,519
S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014

Totally awesome to the max!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Anticipation is killing me!

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
look what i got in the mail today

Wow. Looks awesome can't wait to see the final product. Pioneer is gonna rip.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

I received another load of parts in the mail today. intercooler and fittings. I have oil in and out and just have to finish welding up the exhaust then I can see if it spins. o boy.

Attachments

• intrcooler.png
    intrcooler.png
    976.7 KB · Views: 1,215
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

more pics
I had it running today turbo works made 5 psi sitting still. the muffler is way to loud I will have to get a quieter one tomorrow. I have the intercooler mount roughed out. need some foam to hold the cooler. piping is looking very easy. still have water cooling to work out then i still have a couple of gages to install. tach ,egr, boost and boost air temp. then road test. cant wait....

Attachments

• oil return.png
    oil return.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,194
  • finshed turbo in.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 676
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Sweet, When I think you guys cant amaze me any more with your fabing skills... you go and do this.
You know we going to have to set up a drag race at the group ride. lol.

Reactions: JTW
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada

I'am impressed, I'am not into stuff like what your doing and let me tell you it's way more advanced then what I do. Looking forward to hearing how it works.

B

Bigdog

Dec 22, 2014

What power/torque are you anticipating? Water to air after cooler right? How to manage fuel/timing maps and shift points? Are you installing a turbo blanket and exhaust wrap (up flow of turbo) too?

Very cool project, love the pix too,

Thanks,BWB

Reactions: Jay87
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

power should be about double at 7 psi according to all of the turbo calculators I have found on line. gong to start at 4 psi. hoping for 20 to 30 % . I am using air to air intercooler. should not even need one with low boost. I will need to make some heat shields and need to rap the exhaust as far as 50 feet of 2 inch will go anyway. I have a gen 4 fuel controller from dobek performance. I have been running on the bike and it looks like I have a lot of heads room in the injector. time will tell on that one. again going to start out low boost. using lots of gages to monitor things hopefully no melt down to soon if I do I will lower the compression and put in a forged piston. im thinking with low boost it should last just fine. im not trying to make a racer mostly trying to get back the performance lost with all of the extras I have added. I bet im up to 2000#s with the wife and dogs in it.
then we hook a 800# camper to it and explore the mountains of NH. wont hold high speed on the hill anymore. hell it will only get to the rev limiter when going down hill. lol no complaints I could run it that way for ever but I needed something to do this winter and I always wanted to turbo something. I have left everything so I could put it back to stock in about 2 hours.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Will be fun to see how everything plays out. It'd be nice to have a bit more performance, not a lot. It's almost there but 20% would be GREAT when it's loaded down like you say. With 4 people and a cooler it's hard to climb some of the stair step hills around here. Empty it's great but you add more than half the weight of the machine in cargo/passengers and it could use a boost.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

todays up date
new muffler this one is nice and quiet. finished up the exstaust o2 sensor and all. I have the intercooler installed just needs paint and ducking.
after putting the new muffler on I didn't think it was pumping as much air so I made up some temp hoses and fired it up. the unit boosted right from the bottom. ie still under converter stall speed. the afr gage went very lean on the light throttle mode. I adjusted it were it needed to be and it smoothed out. having to add fuel means more power. yippy!!!! normally I can hold back the rear wheels with the foot and ebrake on. now not even close. seeing this was a big encouragement.
well still lots more to do. tomorrow night I will start on the head pipe heat wrap and rgt sensor. still need to hook up water. the oil pressure is still over 100 psi with the restrictor so that will have to be down sized looking for under 60psi. lots more to do

Attachments

• new muff.png
    new muff.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,168
  • test run.png
    test run.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,172
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada

Oh man I don't like seeing stuff like this, it upsets me !!! Because now I'am going to want this on mine. LOL

Reactions: bobbyhill

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!