Custom Mud Flaps

H

hydrantman

Here are my new mud flaps that were produced by a good friend and fellow Pioneer Rider!!!! Still have the rears to install waiting for more push pins for installation. What a difference these make!! :D

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 2,298
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 2,374
P

Put79

Oct 26, 2013
Re: Mud Flaps

I'd buy those from ya. Nice job. Details please.

H

hydrantman

Tried out today down by the lake with a lot of mud works great, thanks. Give me advise on the rears which end up? Did you notice who is in the seat?

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

I did notice. cant get here out now? the rears, rough side up, start in the front, inside lip lined up with the inside lip of the bed, work your way back.
I will take a couple of picks to night and post them. I'm on my way down to the city to buy a couple of more sheets I have been making more stuff. I will post that later too.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013

I started on my flaps too, I too have gone to ABS from metal fab. The ABS will match real nice so keep us posted with pic and ideas your working on. I do have a idea for the rear and I'm thinking something in length of 28" to 32" . Thinking they should start about even with front of rear tire and continue to rear of bed with 3"to 4" slant downward.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

I think mine are about 48 in they tapper out from the front and hang over the back about an inch these stick out about 1.5 inches at the wheel. I would go a little more if you have after market wheels. I have had this in the mud all day and fond nothing on the bike when I returned.
there just held on with push pins. about 10 per side.

Attachments

• flap1s.jpg
    flap1s.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 4,546
duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013

They say great minds think a like. Great job you set the bar for us diyr's first

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

Looks like you are gettin' it done. Mud is Great! But Hey keep it on the underside!!

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014

Looks great!

H

hydrantman

The rears flaps look great waiting for my push pins to get in so that I can finish my rears, love the bars on the dog box :lol:

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013

I'm take a stab at it too. I'm posting pics but these are just the mistakes. Today I ordered more ABS and am hoping to not make more mistakes or change my mind about how I think they should look. Comments welcome as I have strong shoulders and carry the weight of the world on them, sigh. Just kidding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,185
bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013

How thick ABS did you use?

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013

1/8 or 0.128 thick my new order is for the 1/16 th thick I'm not sure that is the right direction with thickness but I will see should be easier to heat and form though.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire

min are 1/8 but 1/16 would probably work. im still thinking about how to do the top of the fender. most of the mud comes from the back of the tire unless u are really going fast.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013

spifyd said:
min are 1/8 but 1/16 would probably work. im still thinking about how to do the top of the fender. most of the mud comes from the back of the tire unless u are really going fast.

I hear you on that, trying to get the top and side together so that it looks good and stops the flying mud is the challenge. Getting the 1/16 thick should help with the curve need for the top. I have been thinking about a one piece flap with the top combined.

B

Bellarae

Jul 17, 2014

Where do I purchased the abs plastic for the mud flaps. I was reading a post that someone made his own and they look great. I really like this web site. Everyone has such great ideas .

B

Bellarae

Jul 17, 2014
Abs plastic

I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I look for abs plastic . I would like to make. Some mud flaps for my pioneer 700-4 I just got

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: Abs plastic

I heard of people using landscape trimming. http://www.lowes.com/pd_514745-50741-CPLBHCE20G_0__

Also a black 55 gallon drum. You can cut a slither out, then on a sunny day set it on a piece of tin and it will heat up and flatten out.

I also found this source for cut to size ABS. Nice video showing how easy it is to heat and bend.
http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plas ... sheets/524

Here is another source
http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/ABS-Pl ... pose-Sheet

I ment to respond to your other post but forgot. I combine the post.
Maybe some other ppl will chime in on there cheap solutions.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!