finished 001.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 369
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
Re: Winch mount

big river i was just thinking will those clamp brackets even work because the vertical frame tubes are angled outward ? i drilled my u bolt holes at the angles of the tubes so the u bolts would be square to the tubes

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

BigC I think the design is sound and I'll probably be copying it because of it simplicity and it looks like it will work well, but if you put 4500lbs of pull on 4 ubolts seems like that is an opportunity for failure and with that kind of force it might be youtube worthy when it does. I was thinking of a solid plate the length and width of the vertical angle. That was also the same thickness. The frame tube seems to be fairly thick but crease it at any point and that immediately becomes the failure point when enough force is applied. The more evenly spread the force is, the better.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013

i see your point ohanacreek the factory honda winch mount attaches basicly the same way and is no way as heavy duty as what i made i am going to hang it in a tree by the winch tomorrow and see what it will take if it fails it fails i tried to build as heavy duty setup as i could without adding alot of weight to the front end my second idea was to make a receiver hitch style front mount so it could be used front or rear i just dont like all the copper leads running down the frame

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

BigC I always have the worst luck of something working well for a long time then when I REALLY need it most it fails in such an epic fashion that I could make a living if had just made a video and posted it to youtube.

I tend to overbuild and a lot of times way over think.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013

bigc said:
big river i was just thinking will those clamp brackets even work because the vertical frame tubes are angled outward ? i drilled my u bolt holes at the angles of the tubes so the u bolts would be square to the tubes

Yes, the u brackets should work. They'll be mounted on the back side of the vertical tubes of course and what ever angle they sit at is fine.
The vertical plate will have holes drilled to matched what ever angle the brackets sit at.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Aftermarket Winch Plate

How long before some of the aftermarket companies will offer a winch plate for the Honda Pioneer? ?? Any experience on the time from past introductions??

I'd like to buy a winch plate.....but it's hard for me to pay the Honda price on this item. Most aftermarket plates are hundreds less.

C

chuckdaman

Oct 1, 2013
Re: Official Pioneer Aftermarket Part Listing

I waiting for Honda to deliver a mounting bracket for my Warn 3,000 winch! Now on back order!

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
Does anyone have the "factory" 4000K Warn Winch?

My dealer says he can't get the bracket for the winch right now? Is this straight up?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: Does anyone have the "factory" 4000K Warn Winch?

Yes. I can confirm, my honda contact says this may not be available till late November. Along with a few other OEM accessories.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013

I need to refrain from getting stuck until late November.... :D

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Are you handy? Did you see the post about the custom mounts?

PS - I combined your post with this already started winch post.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
Re: Official Pioneer Aftermarket Part Listing

chuck i hope you meant warn 4000 cause the 3000 will not mount on the factory mount different bolt pattern

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
factory honda winch mount

picture

Attachments

• factory plate 001.JPG
    factory plate 001.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 346
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
Re: factory honda winch mount

dealer told me they cant get them thru parts department yet but they can be ordered on the unit from factory dont know how truthful that is i dont have much faith in my dealer i have seen 2 mounts installed there

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013

My dealer showed me a Honda winch for a customer, but said that the mount won't arrive till late Nov. or sometime in Dec.

Glad that I made my own.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013

me too bigriver mine worked out good the u bolts are holding strong so far how is yours working out ? plus you have alot better winch than the factory one

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013

BigRiver said:
My dealer showed me a Honda winch for a customer, but said that the mount won't arrive till late Nov. or sometime in Dec.

Glad that I made my own.

Seems odd that Honda would be so slow for this accessory. ESPECIALLY in light of how much they charge for it!! Do you think they try to keep the aftermarket copy cat's "at bay" by not getting it out early?? Strange world - this UTV racket.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just ordered a winch mount kit from kfi. It will be here Friday. 54.95 free shipping I'll keep everyone posted when it arrives.

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
found winch mount at kfi products.com tel 1-887 346-2050.cost is $54.00. will fit pioneer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!